• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! - Front Fell Off Tudor Sub – How to Fix This?

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
The entire front of the watch – bezel, crystal, etc came off my Tudor sub. It has a Helena Rou case with a Clarks Bezel Assembly and Vietnam Insert. The crystal is a Gen 125. What is the correct way to repair this? It looks like the part the bezel mounts on is held to the watch body with some kind of adhesive, is this correct? If not how is it held on?

W2.jpg

W1.jpg

Rq46Sex.jpg

5OUyavM.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I know not all of these custom builds are assembled as per gen. I'll tag yodog as he does alot of custom vintage builds. He might be able to direct you best.

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Had the same issue with my HR case. I am a rookie however, this is what I did to resolve the problem.

1- separate the bezel, retainer and spring from the crystal.
2- clean the adhesive from the case
3- Insert the crystal into the case the fit should be tight and need pressure to press on, mine was loose so I replaced it with a Clarks that was very tight.
4- install with retainer over the crystal this should be very tight, in my case I had to sand down the inside of the retainer ring so it would seat all the way to the case.
5- Re install the bezel, problem corrected.

Here is a picture of what the new crystal looks with the retaining ring the crystal is now rock solid and the bezel functions as it should

Good luck man

Respect GS16610

o8pxI.jpg

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The whole plexi/bezel assembly is a pressure fit so a dab of glue under the plexi could help. Knowing the way it's built, its advisable to use some care when turning the bezel.

Reactions: gunsmoke16610