• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sources For 7206 Bracelets – Are Ruby’s Any Good!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No idea, that's just some random seller, they could be anything.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
While I have no direct experience with the rubyswatch bracelet, my experience with the dials has been great. Ruby not some random website. Ruby is a good seller used by many on the various forums. But to be clear, Ruby is not an official TD.
All that said, looking at the pictures of the bracelet and the price - I’m constantly tempted to get one.
Let us know what you think of it.

Reactions: Dino2018

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
The prices that I can see sure look pretty high. How much is that 7206 bracelet from them? It’s nice to have someone that you can buy parts from like that. If this is the same “Ruby” that’s been around forever then it would be a reliable seller. But anyone can steal that name so be careful. I’m not familiar with her website so I can’t confirm if that’s her or not.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
They are standard Vietnamese 7206 bracelets, same as Yuki used to sell.

Reactions: cpd2186

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
Who sells the Vietnamese bracelets other than Rubys? I have seen some bracelets for sale elsewhere but dont know if they are junk.

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
Yes the web page is legit and Ruby is really sweet to deal with. She lives in the US east coast and his attention is second to none. I purchased a dial from her and also has contacted her several time with questions, she gives you her WhatsApp and absolutely I recommend buying from her.

AntonioT

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/15
British Columbia
Yes the web page is legit and Ruby is really sweet to deal with. She lives in the US east coast and his attention is second to none. I purchased a dial from her and also has contacted her several time with questions, she gives you her WhatsApp and absolutely I recommend buying from her.

she/he is in the US...
does that mean the bracelet would ship from the US?

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
No, all parts come directly from her suppliers in Vietnam.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
riyi002 on ebay sells riveted bracelets

i don't really like the clasp, but i think the bracelet itself is alright
don't know what ruby's prices are but riyi's are around 30 usd
i think he only has pics of an unbranded clasp up so he doesn't get taken down by ebay, but if you want the branded version you just need to pm him

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
riyi002 on ebay sells riveted bracelets

i don't really like the clasp, but i think the bracelet itself is alright
don't know what ruby's prices are but riyi's are around 30 usd
i think he only has pics of an unbranded clasp up so he doesn't get taken down by ebay, but if you want the branded version you just need to pm him

Are riyi's 7206 clasps marked properly? Seems like so many vintage rep clasps have two tone Jubilee markings (62353H-18 or similar).

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
markings on my clasp are identical to pic, although i wouldn't know if they constitute as "proper"..
didn't see any other markings anywhere else

pic isn't mine; its from google but the markings are the same

20mm_rolex_bracelet_1456812601_fa7e52a9.jpg

edit: oops, i should probably note, not all the links on the riyi clasp are riveted, about 2-3 on each side of the clasp can be unscrewed
i imagine that'll turn some purists off, although i do prefer it this way as i can't quite get the rivets back in on one of the riveted links after wiggling them out
at least with the screw pins i can link up the bracelet again after resizing without tools

Last edited:

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
markings on my clasp are identical to pic, although i wouldn't know if they constitute as "proper"..
didn't see any other markings anywhere else

pic isn't mine; its from google but the markings are the same

20mm_rolex_bracelet_1456812601_fa7e52a9.jpg

edit: oops, i should probably note, not all the links on the riyi clasp are riveted, about 2-3 on each side of the clasp can be unscrewed
i imagine that'll turn some purists off, although i do prefer it this way as i can't quite get the rivets back in on one of the riveted links after wiggling them out
at least with the screw pins i can link up the bracelet again after resizing without tools

Nope, no such thing as a 50190.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
The riyi rivet bracelets are like the canal version of a 7206. It is way too thick and looks nothing like the gen. The Viet/Ruby 7206 bracelets are the best replica rivet bracelets you can get. They are priced much higher than the riyi ones but you pay for the quality - especially if it is going on a gen spec build.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I agree. My old yuki bracelets are amazing quality and very very close to Gen. if these are the same quality then I will order another for sure. They had a write up on VRF about them years ago comparing them to a genuine because they were starting to show up on watches at auction and other places. They were amazed by the quality. Not happy, but they were amazed.