• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tiffany’s 1680 Relume

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Recently got the chance to relume a JK Factory Tiffany’s Dial 1680. It’s a pleasure reluming this “era” watch with a creamy yellow, slightly pillowed lume. The added depth helps the flat, stock Cartel dial come alive.

I just got my hands on some dark brown tritium tone lume powder - my next endeavor is to start experimenting with adding another layer of tone/texture to the lume dots - mimicking the degrading tritium lume of years past. Just need to get my hands on a spare 1680 dial...

Oh, some pictures:

0vkdq.jpg

0v206.jpg

0vG50.jpg

0vwfF.jpg

0v8zr.jpg

Reactions: Midnightx

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Looks really nice, the rounded lume is near perfect circle. Isnt the lume supposedly dead considered its a dead tritium?
great job man! Loving the pics.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Looks really nice, the rounded lume is near perfect circle. Isnt the lume supposedly dead considered its a dead tritium?
great job man! Loving the pics.

Touché!

Is it 100% true to Gen? No. But this is a replica watch, it's really 100% NOT true to Gen. With that, I believe we have flexibility and freedom in how we pay homage. I like the lume plots to look the part (of an old watch) but function as they should.