• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 6538 Case Engraving?

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
What is the correct case engraving for a big crown 6538? Is it “STAINLESS STEEL” with the 6538 under it on the “bottom” (6 oclock) end and the SN on the other end? What SN range would be appropriate for one of these?

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Check out photo 9 of 11. I hope this helps. The time and effort people use to be rude amazes me.

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/6538-submariner-big-crown-gilt-dial--id6927956.htm

Doing something yourself allows you to progress as a human being. You learn how to be independent, to think for yourself and make decisions based on what you need and want.

If you have a specific project in mind, doing your own research will allow you to have a deeper, greater understanding of the subject. Because you probably won't immediately find the exact information you need you will end up reading more on the subject, again giving you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and understanding. And if you do your research well you'll probably get better, more accurate information - we all know how many 'experts' there are in internet forums - somewhere around 87% of the members usually.

Now, I'm going to a wedding next Saturday, does anybody know what's the best tie to wear with a white shirt ?

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
It looks like that one says BREVET with 6538. Here is another that just says 6538, I assume different years might be marked differently?

jamesbond7.jpg

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Now, I'm going to a wedding next Saturday, does anybody know what's the best tie to wear with a white shirt ?

The traditionalist would go with some variation of a silver or gray pattern: plaid, Macclesfield, houndstooth, etc. Pair this tie with a navy suit THAT FITS (take your suit, black dress shoes - you have polished them, right? - and the shirt to a tailor tomorrow) and you'll be so money you won't even know it:

RUGHU.jpg

If you haven't such a tie, find a quality men's store and ask first for a Macclesfield: your knowledge of this obscure term will tell the salesman that you are a discerning sartorialist.

If you have to go with a tie already in your closet, or want to eschew tradition, the following questions must be answered:

1. What color suit?
2. What time of day is the wedding?
3. What's your complexion?
4. Do you want to hook up with:
a) a guest
b) a bridesmaid
c) the bride's mother

Finally, your question only mentions a shirt. If you haven't an appropriate suit, send regrets and a gift.