• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a 6263 Franken

JCB117

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/13
So the Little Red 6263 Silver Sigma Dial Daytona is something of a Beauty. I've seen a couple of old running posts on the building and construction of one. However in reality, I'm not sure I can personally go down that route.

I guess I'd be looking for - as gen spec as possible, particularly Case and Dial, with perhaps the movement being the only tell, and only if you're good.

Now I'm aware such an endeavour would cost top $$, however my question is, is there a source to purchase one 'ready frankened'. I contacted 'Phong' and he quoted a tune of $9k with about a 3month wait list to make one. Seems like a lot. And some speculate that his cases are good, but the dials less so?

Are there alternatives? - Are there people here on this forum who do semi-regularly produce franked 6263 Daytonas? / Willing to provide a quote?

Thanks in advance.

A reference picture of a Gen for clarity :)

61fd0aaa9faeb18dfa82c57a1cb0d9efcd7aaee1.jpg

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
9k is too high and phong dial is not what you want! I‘d say a good one starts around 4.5k and depends on how many gen parts you want do add. Finding a gen sigma dial is really hard so rather look for a good vn dial such MQ. Next is the valjoux movement which are steadily going up in price and donor watches are somewhat rare (or simply too expensive.
7d56be3f4fd5b0a1dfe50a019146814c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCB117

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/13
Thanks for the feedback. $5k USD sounds more reasonable to me too. The question is, who do I have a friendly chat to, so as to throw my money at them and get one? :lol:

Watch DIY is not my forte at all. :)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Interesting to see how the watch in first post seems to have different subdial hands

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
Op I saw a few phong Case dial and lots of Gen parts in rwg. Maybe u can try to see is that what u need. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk