• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

richview8i8 dials?

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Has anyone purchased a dial from eBay user “richview8i8”? They have some 1680 dials up for sale at $148 a piece.
I haven’t picked apart the details of the graphics but I’m curious about the dial/print quality. Upgrade from stock Cartel? Comparable to...?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-1680-S...180987?hash=item3d7151a47b:g:nY8AAOSwEyVbfdqh
Also noticed some from “caucacon” for $99.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Repainted-Ro...270682?hash=item4b4e7b9b1a:g:W~EAAOSwHt5bM9gc
Insights appreciated.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I bought from richview818 a few months back. Good quality for the price. Maybe not as good as some more expensive ones but 100 times better than yuki which costs the same.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
So I got some responses from both sellers. richview8i8 said the dial was “fair” quality - which sounds like it aligns with your experience. At $150, I’d just as soon order from Ruby since it’s similar price and I know the quality.
caucacon on the other hand said the dials were Vietnam dials of the best quality. Maybe, maybe not, but at $99 that’s cheaper than Yuki and worth a try. I ordered one - I’ll let you know how it is once received.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
So I received the 1680 Red Dial from “caucacon” on eBay.

$99 + $6 shipping. Arrived within 3 days. Transaction is protected by eBay if something went awry.

Not to worry, the dial is high quality. On par with Ruby’s Watch dials.

Nice matte texture, precise lume, 1570 dial feet, good DW window, singer stamp on back, 26.5mm diameter, and nice logo/printing.

I would highly recommend this seller! I mean , for us CONUS folks, this is a steal being local, fast shipping, and half off (or more) other Vietnam dials

Sure, I clipped the feet and soldered new ones for ETA 2824-2 movement in my Cartel build. Then shaved off .5mm from the diameter to fit the Cartel case. And finally relumed to match my hand set.

But here are the pictures out of the box:

IElV3.jpg

IENib.jpg

IEFI2.jpg

IETOd.jpg

IE7xZ.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
My lume work (neutral, charged with lights on, and charged with lights off). I like my lume working (glowing) and relatively flat but with a slight pillow form

IEBZq.jpg

IErxG.jpg

IKVF6.jpg

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Thanks for the heads up. I’m constantly looking for an upgrade for my cartel