• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner ref'6536.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The Rolex Submariner 6536 can justifiably be called 'Ultra Rare' - it was only produced for 1 year, and only 100 examples are known to exist - this makes it almost as rare as some of the modded vintage watches for sale in RWI's M2M section.

Made in 1955, and that year only, the movement used was a 1030 calibre, a 25 jewel movement running at 18,000 BPH.
The bezel has markers every 5 minutes - no minute markers, and on some 6536s the red triangle is still visible at 12 on the bezel (not on this one, as you can see). The depth rating on the dial was printed in red, the crown was 6 mm in diameter. The 6536 was supplied on a rivet bracelet.

The case and dial for this build had to be specially commissioned,and took a couple of months to be made at the factory.

p6LBU.jpg

p6t88.jpg

p6av3.jpg

p6rHb.jpg

p6Be2.jpg

The case is beautifully slim, elegant. The dial is one of the best true gilt dials I've ever seen - rich deep chocolate black, with the depth rating in a deep blood red.

pEVBd.jpg

pE6NZ.jpg

pEWyR.jpg

The owner wanted a very well looked after finish on this watch, just some light patina on the dial and hands from the radium lume.

pEzHg.jpg

pEyea.jpg

Inside there's a Swiss low beat non hacking ETA, which is in fact the only gen part of this watch - everything else is aftermarket and modified to look as close to gen as possible.

pEJDy.jpg

As with the original, it comes on a 7206 rivet bracelet.

Thanks for looking !

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
Whoa, fantastic work. The aging is just right in my opinion... looks just a bit better than the condition you see on the best watches for sale on chrono24.

I was not aware that a bezel insert like that was ever produced, no minute hash marks plus the later squared numerals, it's a unique look. Hands look like JK or Clarks to me. Dial is just perfect, did it come like that or did you have to age and relume it? Does not look like typical VN lume.

My 7922 originally had an ETA 2824, and I have to say nothing annoyed me more than the smooth sweep and weak taptaptap sound of that movement, just sounded so modern. Getting a proper 18,000bph movement in there adds so much to the character of the watch, in my opinion.

Cheers to the lucky owner.

Reactions: tripdog

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Very nice. So would this be rarer than my H Factory 243?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks everyone for the kind comments - much appreciated.

Whoa, fantastic work. The aging is just right in my opinion... looks just a bit better than the condition you see on the best watches for sale on chrono24.

I was not aware that a bezel insert like that was ever produced, no minute hash marks plus the later squared numerals, it's a unique look. Hands look like JK or Clarks to me. Dial is just perfect, did it come like that or did you have to age and relume it? Does not look like typical VN lume.

My 7922 originally had an ETA 2824, and I have to say nothing annoyed me more than the smooth sweep and weak taptaptap sound of that movement, just sounded so modern. Getting a proper 18,000bph movement in there adds so much to the character of the watch, in my opinion.

Cheers to the lucky owner.

I relume everything, hands, dials, Bakelite inserts etc- looks better and the color matches.

Very nice. So would this be rarer than my H Factory 243?

Well surprisingly, no - that's a Super Ultra Rare watch you have there. My advice - hang onto it.

Reactions: johnlogan

2200 CET

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/12
Wow, stunning work! I love the slim case (mine has the standard from Silix)... whats the height?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Wow, stunning work! I love the slim case (mine has the standard from Silix)... whats the height?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

This is a long way from the Silix cases. I didn't measure it, the case sides were probably less than 5 mm, but the case back is quite deep and the crystal is domed, so it's quite a big watch, despite the very slim lugs.

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Beautiful master piece from you again and again! Which I can carry this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Wow, stunning piece! You truely are an artist. Everything you create is very believable and beautiful. I am impressed as always.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
This is a long way from the Silix cases. I didn't measure it, the case sides were probably less than 5 mm, but the case back is quite deep and the crystal is domed, so it's quite a big watch, despite the very slim lugs.

How would the thickness of this one compare to a 6542?

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
I own 6 (6536) of the 100 left, I'm wearing all of them now! This one looks a 1000 times better!!! Beautiful!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Suhailj25

Horology Curious
6/9/18
Wow, absolutely stunning! I hope to get my hands on something like this in the future.