• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super Thin 1675 Case - but need some help!

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Good morning all you case modding experts, I need a little help with my 1675 thin Cartel case project .

So I started with a stock 1675 Cartel case, reshaped the CG’s, did a little bit to the lugs, and then took .7mm off the back of the case. This cut the case thickness down to 4.5mm from 5.08mm - pretty good . Generally speaking everything has gone well. The case back screws in tight and the cut is pretty even. I still have some cleaning and polishing left but it’s almost there. This biggest issue I’m faced with it the case back gasket channel - it was near eliminated in the case reduction. The functionalist in me wants it back.

Can anyone provide some thoughts on what tools or methods would give me a clean cut channel?

Thanks!
kilowattore yodog tripdog

Pictures are of the thin cut case and my previous build, default thickness Cartel case.

W9JML.jpg

W9yqo.jpg

​​​​​​​

Reactions: 369mafia

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A lathe should do the job.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
A lathe should do the job.

tripdog are you doing lathe work? If so, how are you mounting the case?

I only have a chuck like this:

vFBYf.jpg

It's too big to grab the case from the inside. And when grabbing from the outside it mars the rehaute.

Maybe there is a better way to grab the case? Or a different chuck people are using?