• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help With SD 1665 build

Understatedcomex

Looking Around
24/5/18
Hello everyone
I would like to know if any one got some input on what case to go with when starting a build of a SD 1665? Is it possible to get the MBW/MBK case or should I go with the PT? Does Yuki case back fit?
Parts list for the build.
ETA 2846
Athaya 702 crown and tube
Yuki dial
Yuki insert and pearl
Yuki 93250 bracelet
I am open to suggestions regardings my parts list
Thanks in advance for your help

Ptolomeo

Known Member
2/5/07
Hello everyone
I would like to know if any one got some input on what case to go with when starting a build of a SD 1665? Is it possible to get the MBW/MBK case or should I go with the PT? Does Yuki case back fit?
Parts list for the build.
ETA 2846
Athaya 702 crown and tube
Yuki dial
Yuki insert and pearl
Yuki 93250 bracelet
I am open to suggestions regardings my parts list
Thanks in advance for your help

I would chose a cartel 1665 as a base watch, but it will be some modding. There are several good modders here in the forum.

Your parts list is OK. Some comments: I wouldn’t pay for a Yuki dial. If you want a good dial, try to buy a Viet dial. They are the best option. About the bracelet, The yuki 93250 is incorrect for the 1665 but is one of the best option you can chose. It is the one I have installed in my 1665, but you will need to mod it to acept 2mm springbars (like the gen ones). You will need a pair of end links. There are no good reps of the 585 (the correct model of the gen endlinks for the 1665) so you can buy a pair of Viets 580 from Phong or the 580 WSO. You will need too a good T39. There are several good options at a good price. You will also need a correct DWO. Try to find one from Polexpete in ebay.

Good luck with your built! It is an amazing project!

Understatedcomex

Looking Around
24/5/18
Many thanks for the input on my project Ptolomeo what do you think about Ruby's dails? are those Vietnam dials? or are there any other sources?

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Many thanks for the input on my project Ptolomeo what do you think about Ruby's dails? are those Vietnam dials? or are there any other sources?

Yes Ruby's dials are Vietnam dials. Make sure you get QC of the exact dial you will receive, some have printing errors. You'll have to do a lot more research if you want other sources.

Reactions: Ptolomeo