• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me identify if this is the MBW case

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
0ed4b03f067a3c4ca04c53cc286dda49.jpg

2fe49ac8d6234b1fb0d8a4d72e008e41.jpg

8df0d3c6670cb45e4f80863eef95f539.jpg

d72d78e6d484b275f3dbda474461c0f2.jpg

632915ac8af4220795e45a5fe6ddf55d.jpg

d94a70236c03ad9bf742a6b895c01eb7.jpg

36e41e36601bdf168744dc005e7f8152.jpg

8bc4a3db6ab7beb981ace10cf6f2dec8.jpg

24c18b22816d045e306601d7e340e144.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Case is MBW, dial is not Yuki, maybe MBW too - what color is the printing, especially the coronet - white or a grey/white color ?

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Case is MBW, dial is not Yuki, maybe MBW too - what color is the printing, especially the coronet - white or a grey/white color ?

Thank you.
Here are more closeups from the dial.
More white than anything else looking at the photos.

5a6c412226b16673d0eef98daea58a0e.jpg

8953080d39f4e285bb04bb91cea1b9d8.jpg

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
From original thread dial and hands are yuki, followed by the question mark. Guess that can’t be taken as confirmation.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I've never seen a Yuki feet first, doesn't mean they don't exist, but generally his dials don't have that crisp printing. This dial is possibly an MBW, going off the coronet shape, but whatever it is, it's a nice quality dial, clean crisp printing.

Reactions: BruceLee55

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Guys sorry for my ignorance, what does MBW mean?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Guys sorry for my ignorance, what does MBW mean?

Marias Best Watch - seller of Rolex reps who disappeared a long time ago, although the watches are still available, made by a factory that may or may not be the original maker of MBWs.

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Thanks tripdog, soon I will contact you I want a construction made by you for a 1675 I know you're the best

Reactions: tripdog

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
I've never seen a Yuki feet first, doesn't mean they don't exist, but generally his dials don't have that crisp printing. This dial is possibly an MBW, going off the coronet shape, but whatever it is, it's a nice quality dial, clean crisp printing.

Indeed it’s very crips printing on the dial.
Major concerns was also for the insert and bezel itself. Some members called it out being complete cartel build, which of course raised an alarm.

Even tho it’s listed as phong bezel and gen insert, which yodog confirmed.

Dial / hands not being yuki this is something I can live with.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/4/13

Yuki does sell a ft first dial but this is not one of those . It looks to be to be mbw or a high quality vietnam dial.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: tripdog

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Thanks fellas for all input! This is what the community is about! Amazing!

Well, some guys are still pointing this to be 99% cartel case. I’ve asked them to elaborate here in the thread on which assumption they are basing their findings.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Indeed it’s very crips printing on the dial.
Major concerns was also for the insert and bezel itself. Some members called it out being complete cartel build, which of course raised an alarm.

Even tho it’s listed as phong bezel and gen insert, which yodog confirmed.

Dial / hands not being yuki this is something I can live with.

Some people just flap at the mouth, thinking the more they talk the more it'll convince people they know what they are talking about.

No part of the watch is Cartel, the insert is obviously gen, and the Phong bezel was bought on RWI - and it's definitely Phong.

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Some people just flap at the mouth, thinking the more they talk the more it'll convince people they know what they are talking about.

No part of the watch is Cartel, the insert is obviously gen, and the Phong bezel was bought on RWI - and it's definitely Phong.

Your opinion is highly regarded mate!
That seals it for me, now it’s clear what is what.

Thanks a lot!

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Also, Cartels never had 5512 laser etched into the case.

Original seller is also a long standing member of RWI and I would not question his word unless he is unsure himself.

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Also, Cartels never had 5512 laser etched into the case.

Original seller is also a long standing member of RWI and I would not question his word unless he is unsure himself.

My post was not absolutely in any way going towards the OS, rather just questioning what I was being told. Just want to make that clear.

But now I can put it all to rest thanks to you and the tripdog!

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
So I had another river of messages that this is not the in-fact MBW case, apparently from someone who is friends with Maria?
Definitely according to this person Cartel case :)

Id love for them to come here and elaborate about their findings.

- Apparently the MBW old cases had following serials: L341XXX
- Bad quality steel? :lol: looks grey
- Rep insert still as you can see apparently glue under where the perl was before
- engraving is wrong, which tells that its Cartel, even tho its been said that no cartel case came with 5512 engraving

My Case is L342XXX

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So I had another river of messages that this is not the in-fact MBW case, apparently from someone who is friends with Maria?
Definitely according to this person Cartel case :)

Id love for them to come here and elaborate about their findings.

- Apparently the MBW old cases had following serials: L341XXX
- Bad quality steel? :lol: looks grey
- Rep insert still as you can see apparently glue under where the perl was before
- engraving is wrong, which tells that its Cartel, even tho its been said that no cartel case came with 5512 engraving

My Case is L342XXX

MBW cases have used a few serial numbers in the past, all AFAIK beginning with an L. There are several variations of MBW watches, the latest ones are not necessarily made by the same factory that made the original watches, the watches that established theirs and Marias reputation. I've never seen a Cartel case with a serial number starting with an L.

Bad quality steel ? I don't know whether to laugh or cry - how can someone make such a stupid statement ?

That is a rep insert ? I get the strong impression that this 'expert' wouldn't know a gen Rolex insert even if it was SuperGlued to the end of his penis.

Engraving is wrong ? . . . all rep cases have the wrong engravings, principally because they are reps, the engraving is done by laser and the makers don't care about 'correct' engravings - the case isn't going to pass any sort of close inspection by Rolex anyway, so why bother ?

Please please please have this clown post publicly, I have a suspicion I know who it is.

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Amazing to see what others are actually thinking/saying/spreading around.

For me was all this clear, as certain someone failed to identify the gen insert and straight out said its cartel.
Actually for that matter, whole watch was cartel, from case/bezel/insert/dial/hands etc pp.

The more I read about it now, the obvious it gets that this indeed is MBW case, compared it to many cases I found different forums.

But cool, each to their own at the end of the day, knowledge doesn't come from nothing.

Don't think that we will get the person posting here as apparently they are not members here.

Cheers

miquel

Known Member
6/9/06
Dial is definitely not MBW.

The MBW dials have a large gap between OYSTER PERPETUAL. The 'R" in Oyster is under the 'O' in ROLEX, but the 'P' in Perpetual starts far too right about halfway under the 'L' in ROLEX on the MBW dials.