Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Help me identify if this is the MBW case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yodog View Post
    Also, Cartels never had 5512 laser etched into the case.

Original seller is also a long standing member of RWI and I would not question his word unless he is unsure himself.
    My post was not absolutely in any way going towards the OS, rather just questioning what I was being told. Just want to make that clear.

But now I can put it all to rest thanks to you and the tripdog!

Comment

So I had another river of messages that this is not the in-fact MBW case, apparently from someone who is friends with Maria?
      Definitely according to this person Cartel case

Id love for them to come here and elaborate about their findings.

- Apparently the MBW old cases had following serials: L341XXX
      - Bad quality steel? looks grey
      - Rep insert still as you can see apparently glue under where the perl was before
      - engraving is wrong, which tells that its Cartel, even tho its been said that no cartel case came with 5512 engraving

My Case is L342XXX

Comment

Originally posted by dovla View Post
        So I had another river of messages that this is not the in-fact MBW case, apparently from someone who is friends with Maria?
        Definitely according to this person Cartel case

Id love for them to come here and elaborate about their findings.

- Apparently the MBW old cases had following serials: L341XXX
        - Bad quality steel? looks grey
        - Rep insert still as you can see apparently glue under where the perl was before
        - engraving is wrong, which tells that its Cartel, even tho its been said that no cartel case came with 5512 engraving

My Case is L342XXX

MBW cases have used a few serial numbers in the past, all AFAIK beginning with an L. There are several variations of MBW watches, the latest ones are not necessarily made by the same factory that made the original watches, the watches that established theirs and Marias reputation. I've never seen a Cartel case with a serial number starting with an L.

Bad quality steel ? I don't know whether to laugh or cry - how can someone make such a stupid statement ?

That is a rep insert ? I get the strong impression that this 'expert' wouldn't know a gen Rolex insert even if it was SuperGlued to the end of his penis.

Engraving is wrong ? . . . all rep cases have the wrong engravings, principally because they are reps, the engraving is done by laser and the makers don't care about 'correct' engravings - the case isn't going to pass any sort of close inspection by Rolex anyway, so why bother ?

Please please please have this clown post publicly, I have a suspicion I know who it is.
        Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

Amazing to see what others are actually thinking/saying/spreading around.

For me was all this clear, as certain someone failed to identify the gen insert and straight out said its cartel.
          Actually for that matter, whole watch was cartel, from case/bezel/insert/dial/hands etc pp.

The more I read about it now, the obvious it gets that this indeed is MBW case, compared it to many cases I found different forums.

But cool, each to their own at the end of the day, knowledge doesn't come from nothing.

Don't think that we will get the person posting here as apparently they are not members here.

Cheers

Comment

Dial is definitely not MBW.

The MBW dials have a large gap between OYSTER PERPETUAL. The 'R" in Oyster is under the 'O' in ROLEX, but the 'P' in Perpetual starts far too right about halfway under the 'L' in ROLEX on the MBW dials.

Comment

Originally posted by miquel View Post
              Dial is definitely not MBW.

The MBW dials have a large gap between OYSTER PERPETUAL. The 'R" in Oyster is under the 'O' in ROLEX, but the 'P' in Perpetual starts far too right about halfway under the 'L' in ROLEX on the MBW dials.
              Yeah, that's the old, original MBW dials your're talking about, the newer watches don't have the same dials, the same serial numbers etc etc - they are different watches, probably not even made by the same factory.
              Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

Yes, I am talking about the old dials. I previously owned the MBW 5512, 1665, and 6538 back in 2008/09...wish I still had them

Comment

I also got this dial with the package, apparently it should be mbw dial.

Comment

Needs a clean up tho.

Comment

Plan for the wach is to have the case repolished like the case in this thread. Possible?

https://rwg.cc/topic/185259-mbw-5512-beater-phase-1/

Comment

I know I’m late to the party but I wanted to say that Tripdog is correct in all regards. This is an MBW case. The dial looks like the second generation of MBW dials that would prob match the L342xxx serial number. My MBW 5513 case is a L341xxx as it’s one of the originals that I bought off a RWG member about 12 years ago.

Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                        X