• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Users who can mod an off the shelf sub?

austinwatchman

Horology Curious
4/6/18
I did some searching and didn't come up with much luck.

I know there used to be a user here that offered services to modify off the shelf reps to make them look like accurate vintage pieces.

Rolex Addict is who is was and I do not believe he/she is still active.

Any advice on connecting with a modder who could service an off the shelf vintage rep to be more true to the original?

And finally, on that note, any vintage no date subs that are fairly decent off the shelf?

Thanks!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
There's a number of modders around. Peruse the forums and certain names you'll see again and again. I'm not going to give a specific name as of now because you need to read up and familiarize yourself with the models and options and price points before you reach out and walk into a situation where you don't know what you want or what to expect. PM me in a few weeks after you've read up and I'll pass along a couple of names for top notch modders. Warning, vintage subs you are looking at $1500 plus for a good example.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I did some searching and didn't come up with much luck.

I know there used to be a user here that offered services to modify off the shelf reps to make them look like accurate vintage pieces.

Rolex Addict is who is was and I do not believe he/she is still active.

Any advice on connecting with a modder who could service an off the shelf vintage rep to be more true to the original?

And finally, on that note, any vintage no date subs that are fairly decent off the shelf?

Thanks!

Fairly decent off the shelf doesn't exist for vintage models, if you can swing for a build go for it. Most start with a Cartel 5513/5512, and upgrade from there.

Reactions: Rx4Time