• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Milgauss 6541

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
pRDhe.jpg

As far as I know, no good, affordable rep of the Rolex Milgauss has ever been produced. The rep factories do what they usually do with not very popular models - amalgamate several versions of the gen into one 'Chinese Super Rep'. And it invariably looks like crap.

pRucT.jpg

The owner of this one asked me to try and make something of it - the good points were a correctly engraved 6541 case and case back, a Faraday cage, somebody had put in a Swiss 2824, the thunder bolt hands - and that's it.

pREaA.jpg

A big thick chunky case, a 7 mm crown, a ridiculously tall superdome crystal, the wrong type of insert, a poor quality dial, and a chrome plated bezel ring were amongst the bad points.

pRpoQ.jpg

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Milgauss, it's an odd looking watch, but incredibly avant-garde for it's time - the 6541 was first produced in 1956.

pRvWf.jpg

Originally designed to be used by scientists and those working in areas where high exposure to magnetic fields was a concern, as the watch was designed and guaranteed to resist magnetic forces of up to 1,000 oersted.

pR1hX.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks !

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
never seen this before, good job with little ingredients

Reactions: tripdog

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Very nice!!!! Lucky owner to have u to build this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irvin

21/9/15
SG
It’s such a pleasure looking at your watch introduction threads tbh, beautiful piece !

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Nice work Trip. I love the vintage Milgauss second hand.

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Another great one. Very good looking and believably aged!

:star::star::star::star::star:

(Wondering what the next watch review/intro will be!)