• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Submariner snowflake date project - cheap

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Hi everybody !

I have this project of building a Tudor Submariner snowflake date (7021 or 9411). This is my first project. I'm not afraid of manipulating little mecanism, i have some experience in fixing analog cameras, but i would like to ask for your expertise for the rest.

It's my first project so i'm gonna go the cheapie way.

- For the base, i was thinking of a Cartel base, even if it's higly inacurate. I have access to some tools so i can reshape the CG. Should i also reshape the lugs ?
The back will be total fantasy, but well, i can live with it . Last question question, what the quality of the Tudor folded bracelet ? It's the only one i found in my research

And for the lugs holes, if i understand well, i should drill them a bit to install a 2mm springbar. Around 1,3mm , am i right ? Will a 2mm springbar fit in a cartel bracelet ?

- For the dial i was thinking of the Yuki blue yellow lume :
audLU0b.jpg

The marking are a bit wrong but this is the only one i found with a bezeled date window. I thnk the hands are included, but if not 'ill go Tiger

-Crown : Athaya 702 (and also a pearl). Will it fit the cartel case?

-Mouvement: i keep the A2836 first, i'll maybe upgrade to a swiss later. I'll maybe also buy a Yuki tudor rotor

-Crystal: Clark 127. If i understand well, it the one that have a cyclop that fit the date window position for ETA movement, am i right ? Also do i need a press to install it ?

-Datewheell : I found a few nice one one EBAY that kinda match the tudor one

- Bezel: i really like the faded bezel, i think i'll try first with the cartel one. My goal is something between these pictures:
LH9C3Pt.jpg
FuAE8yK.jpg

Do you have any remarks or advice ?

Many thanks !

H

Last edited:

Farsina

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/3/18
Please post more pics as it goes, interested! :)

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Does anyone have some feedback on the Helena Rou case ?
Does anyone know how to make a custom date wheel print, especially a roulette one ? (I can provide an illustrator file)

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
On RWG there is a lot of stuff about a 9411