• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1675 PCG 1960 build

Lorologio

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/12/15
UK- beast in the east
Nearing the end of phase 1 acquisition. Just missing 8036 date jumper but should have one next week.
Just need to find someone with relevant experience to convert the movement for me (UK based) one horologist got the hump and would not be party to such vandalism.
The dial will be taken back to brass and made into a gilt negative relief dial once I have worked out a process. If impatience gets the worst of me I will use Bart Cordell method as a stop-gap.
Case needs a new rehaut making as the “Phong”? Case opening is too large at 27.7 mm the dial drops through. Have a lathe but time limited at the moment.

Hope the link below works. Can’t upload images to postings direct from my phone, as before.

I welcome any comments you have. Happy building brothers

https://imgur.com/a/dpdmW

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: apexitune

Lorologio

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/12/15
UK- beast in the east
8036 date jumper now on the bench. I believe I have all I need but I will check the Rolex drawings again to confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
i can't believe you literally went out to find all the GMT parts individually - some parts are so rare that it's inaccessible without some form of connection to a Rolex parts account supplier/watchmaker

I look forward to your build

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
i can't believe you literally went out to find all the GMT parts individually - some parts are so rare that it's inaccessible without some form of connection to a Rolex parts account supplier/watchmaker

Amazing project keep us posted :) here‘s mine with gen cal. 1570 and beautiful gilt dial and many gen parts :)

b9a00c1786e63e4f8e74a42eac6d2c0a.jpg
24034bd242fdbbf9d8a5e1f17a6b7605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorologio

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/12/15
UK- beast in the east

You know how it is. It has to be right, right?
It’s my grail and it may be the last super build that I can afford for some time due to a change in my personal circumstances, which rules out a gen. gilt chapter ring dial.
Re: the parts supply, I agree with your observation but I also think I got lucky a couple of times where private collectors had surplus they were willing to pass on.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

maikols

5/10/18
This is the watch i will do as soon as possible.

What do you think the best case . I m able to drill and reshape and i have a nice cnc lathe.

Can you help me to spot a nice starting one case ?

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
This is the watch i will do as soon as possible.

What do you think the best case . I m able to drill and reshape and i have a nice cnc lathe.

Can you help me to spot a nice starting one case ?

The milk case is a very good, and very workable case, for a great price. I recommend searching the milk case threads here ok the vintage section.

The best case would be a Vietnamese case, through the various resellers.

Reactions: audiostorming