• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Live and Let die Rolex Submariner 5513

haroldeugene72

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/17
I know I saw a post on this through the web and sorry I’m new and that was on here but is primary reason why I joined seeing if anyone has a good rep of this or insight on finding one, vintage style sub as showcased on the wrist of the late and great Roger Moore in 1973 007 film Live and Let Die. Believe it’s mode 5513. I saw some sites, but braclet didn’t match screen worn one. Thanks

D

d4m.test

I know I saw a post on this through the web and sorry I’m new and that was on here but is primary reason why I joined seeing if anyone has a good rep of this or insight on finding one, vintage style sub as showcased on the wrist of the late and great Roger Moore in 1973 007 film Live and Let Die. Believe it’s mode 5513. I saw some sites, but braclet didn’t match screen worn one. Thanks
There aren't any perfect out of the box 5513 reps available. Most people do a variety of modifications to make them more accurate/vintage looking. I suggest doing some research on this on the forum.
If you're looking to do very little work on the watch I would reccomend you head over to the trusted dealer section and find marvellous replica. They have a good deal on the Cartel 5513 right now. If you want the riveted bracelet as seen in the film you're going to have to buy one separately. Look up rafflestime on Google, I believe they carry one. Good luck!

ds100rrlc

Known Member
30/10/14
had to look up the watch and WOW -- this is just making my urge for a vintage rollie stronger lol

please let us know how your quest for the 5513 goes!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
First of all PM me about your multiple account.

Second here is my old Live and Let Die

ZLaX0Vz.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
@yllekp what are the details on that 5513?!
@xj4sonx has her now.

Reworked Cartel case
Yuki dial and hands IIRC
Gen Xtal
Cartel Rivet with WSO 580 ends and gen spec spring bars.
I had a lot of work done on it after I received it to get it right.

D

d4m.test

First of all PM me about your multiple account.

Second here is my old Live and Let Die

Yep that is a beaut. Like perfect: Also I tried making a account and maybe it went live before this one? I will pm not sure how you mean. Thanks

lupinpopette

16/12/16
MySharona what are the specs?
I'm still hesitating on the case, either cartel, tiger concept or helenarou?
I know I can shave the Cartel case down to a "correct" thickness"

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
MySharona what are the specs?
I'm still hesitating on the case, either cartel, tiger concept or helenarou?
I know I can shave the Cartel case down to a "correct" thickness"

1. Cartel = good value, bad crown/stem/tube height, case can be reshaped with enough meat. They come with ugly ETA hands
2. Helenarou = good crown/stem/tube height, bad lug thickness that can't be fixed
3. Tiger concept (5512/3 case) = I believe it doesn't take gen-spec 26mm dial because -> http://www.tiger-concept.com/28mm-dial.html (these dials are 28mm and they are used in their 5512/3 models)

Conclusion: Use either a Vietnam 5513 case (needs reshaping and it's expensive, but it has the correct crown/stem/tube height like gen) or use a BP 5513 vintage rep (it allegedly uses the same case set as cartel, except it has more gen-like ETA sub hands and they have a better insert IMO)

lupinpopette

16/12/16
pompompurin Thanks for this short but clear and sweet comparaison. I'm not really keen on going vietnam right now, I might start with a BP as you mentioned and upgrade later. The BP you mentioned is available with any TD? I usually use Watchoutlet or silix (smooth with canadian customs)

Dino2018

Patron
Certified
14/3/18
pompompurin Thanks for this short but clear and sweet comparaison. I'm not really keen on going vietnam right now, I might start with a BP as you mentioned and upgrade later. The BP you mentioned is available with any TD? I usually use Watchoutlet or silix (smooth with canadian customs)

Hello! pompompurin I also would want to know, never find that vintage BP 5513 surfing through the TDs! BTW I follow your work and you are one of my favorite builders here :)

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Hello! pompompurin I also would want to know, never find that vintage BP 5513 surfing through the TDs! BTW I follow your work and you are one of my favorite builders here :)

lolol thank you for the kind words! I am still kinda lost with watchmaking, but I try to learn something new and improve

here are pictures of the BP vintage range
http://trustytimestore.com/index.php...753df60bdb2927

trustytime is not a trusted dealer here, but any RWI trusted dealers can source BP watches if you send the product link to them

Sorry for late reply. As above, the BP model range can be foudn on trustytime's website

Last edited:
Reactions: Dino2018

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
BP has not enough metal on CG's for reshaping imho.