• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP 1675 GMT Master Review

pavalov

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/6/17
I recently got a BP 1680 and its the same watch with diferent dial and insert :)

Well the crown is different too. I believe you can make the cgs more proeminent by accentuating their curvature.

The aplied indices also bugged me a bit. Size of dial also wrong too, right?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
My blueberry says hi.
9396218051fc30d64d85e77d105a9e6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arism

Known Member
25/11/11
I just received this piece in pepsi.

The Bezel spins freely (there was no spring at all) and the orange lume looks horrible.

I roughed mine up pretty aggresively and bleached the insert, and it looks pretty cool. I'm going to try and bleach some of the orange out of the hands and markers at some point. Not sure what to do about the bezel. I'm pretty disappointed in the Texas orange color.

Hi Scotch,
As fair as I'm lead to believe, this rep doesn't come with a spring, even on the gen. It has a 'tension ring" which can be adjusted to provide pressure/resistance to stop the bezel from inadvertently rotating and as such does not ratchet like a Submariner would.

Not a GMT but shows what I'm talking about. Also not my pics.
35230865223_ccf2f5238d_b.jpg

35870019642_228c310aa8_b.jpg

The lume is very orange I admit. I'm tolerating it for now, though I think a dial swap would be on the cards in the future.
Hope you sort out that bezel! And show us your GMT!

Reactions: hilsma

Arism

Known Member
25/11/11
Some lovely GMTs guys, this forum certainly has some amazing talent!
35283715052_572f2d16e5_b.jpg

Scotch

Known Member
20/10/16
So, here's mine. There is no tension ring or spring at all - just the little plastic band that secures the xtal. The bezel spins when the damn air blows on it. When I popped it off, it all just fell out in pieces. The tolerences were not tight AT ALL.

watch.jpg

View attachment 60771

The bezel does have a built in rim of metal that rotates inside of the bezel ring, but it doesn't seem to be easily separated from the assembly - I can't figure out how to pop it out.

AND the plexi is part of the bezel assembly (i'm not sure if this is correct or not, but that's how mine is built). The bezel rotates around the ring, and the ring grips the plastic that holds the xtal in place. The xtal is not secured into the case.

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • InkedIMG_0786_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0786_LI.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 8
  • InkedIMG_0786_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0786_LI.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 7

pavalov

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/6/17
The bezel doesnt apply much pressure to the crystal even with that plastic ring. It is a sloppy work by BP.

D

d4m.test

My blueberry says hi.
9396218051fc30d64d85e77d105a9e6c.jpg

Ah! Can you please shoot me a PM or reply with the source for the Blueberry! I have searched and searched with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Do you got any links to purchase this gorgeous watcherette

Sent from the RWI App

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Very nice! how does this compare to the cartel? i was thinking of getting one of those, changing the dial with a yuki one and use it as a daily beater with a faded pepsi bezel

Arism

Known Member
25/11/11
Was it available in this color back then or only in the PanAm Colors?

As far as I remember; this was available with black and pepsi bezel with either white or orange lume. I think you're asking about the white dial Pan Am GMTs? If so, I haven't seen a white dial GMT for sale from the dealers in a long time.

Very nice! how does this compare to the cartel? i was thinking of getting one of those, changing the dial with a yuki one and use it as a daily beater with a faded pepsi bezel

The BP is a cartel. As I may have said in earlier, the cartels are decent for those looking for a GMT on budget. The case does have deficiencies that cannot be 100% corrected without some major modifications (ie laser welding extra material to the stubby crown guards). That being said, I have seen some superb work done by the modders here. One of my favourites was a GMT Rolexaddict did for now long gone member Akira. Thing of absolute beauty!
44534259694_78a1847294_o.jpg

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
As far as I remember; this was available with black and pepsi bezel with either white or orange lume. I think you're asking about the white dial Pan Am GMTs? If so, I haven't seen a white dial GMT for sale from the dealers in a long time.

The BP is a cartel. As I may have said in earlier, the cartels are decent for those looking for a GMT on budget. The case does have deficiencies that cannot be 100% corrected without some major modifications (ie laser welding extra material to the stubby crown guards). That being said, I have seen some superb work done by the modders here. One of my favourites was a GMT Rolexaddict did for now long gone member Akira. Thing of absolute beauty!

nice to know! thank you!

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
How does the jubilee feel? Are the edges sharp? It looks really good on jubilee. Loving them much.

vince.cole

Known Member
9/1/16
U.S

This is absolutely stunning. Is there anyone selling a version this modded OTB? I'd love to add one to my collection. Appreciate everyones time.

WatchN3RD

Known Member
24/7/18
I’m glad someone brought this thread back to life, because it is a good one! Couple of questions here:
1) Is BP the only manufacturer that has a 1655 or 1675? I see “cartel” referencing Jf/JKF as well, so using the term “cartel” doesn’t mean much now.
2) Currently, is there an agreed upon “best” version to base a 1675 on? Some information over the years says that using a 1655 is better, while other information says they are the same case.

So, what is the best budget case to start with? Which uses a genuine sized dial? I’ve had a couple older BP’s that almost used a 28.5mm dial, while some JKF 5512/5513 cases I’ve used have a more accurate 26 - 26.5mm dual size. Again, what model and what company? Thanks in advance!

MrLux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
Love these GMTs - I think the earlier ones are so much cooler than the recent ceramic bezel ones.