• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are "Vietnam dials"?

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Does these guys ever do Patek Philippe dials? I’d love a good nautilus blue dial. MQ said he can’t get one

mottykytu

4/6/13
I'm in Vietnam and do not know much about these guys.

Anyone know their name or any type of contacts that I can inform them? So that I meet them directly and ask if they can provide us more reasonable price DIAL ;) !

Reactions: Dan71

PurePete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/19
Aust
Fascinating thread. I came across this by searching for a "good" 1665 dial... Up for more views.

jomtones

20/7/19
You might want to camp on Ruby's website... she had something similar a couple months back. Will take time, but saves a lot of moolah :)

Good experience and good prices with Ruby. You're right about the camping though. I've never thought to asking to have a dial made, but it seems some other members have had some custom work done.

Up until I ordered from Ruby I was going to order "refinished" dials from the bay. Looking back now, many seemed to be stock cartel dial quality with VERY similar imperfections.

pinkrolex

29/7/19
EU
very interesting threat for the dials and how big the differences are, thanks

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Anyone know if a ruby dial can fit a BP 16610 case without shaving the dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2470f2.8ii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/16
Great thread. I just ordered a case and dial from MQ. He shipped it today, arriving monday in the states. I'm guessing sooner if it wasn't shipped on a friday.

For the record I just sent him an email inquiry and def got fast responses. Short and sweet.

Seems like hes come down on the prices a little since this thread started.

I wish I had read about the modders here cutting out the middleman part...but I've got a stellar watchmaker and like that I picked out every single piece.

RWI has some really good information. Thanks all

PS If I don't post here again, everything went well with MQ

jerseybean

Horology Curious
9/4/11
Im looking for a 5521 4 line gilt dial. MQ wanted like $1K USD... any suggestions of a good place. I might actually ask Ruby to make one for me.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Im looking for a 5521 4 line gilt dial. MQ wanted like $1K USD... any suggestions of a good place. I might actually ask Ruby to make one for me.

if you meant 5512, ruby has multiple 4 liner gilt 5512 dials up on the site now. I see some tropical gilt 5512 dials pop up on her site pretty often too if you're in to that look.

jerseybean

Horology Curious
9/4/11
I looked and I talked to her today, the dial is okay but nothing as good as MQ. The lume on some of the pictures don't look that great. I asked for a custom dial and she suggested MQ... I did recently get a dial from MQ and it was okay but not the WOW that everyone talks about. I guess I'm looking for a Gen dial but low cost :)

Does anyone know if The Society or Dark Lord sells dials?

Reactions: Bubbe Back1

pclaussen

31/5/20
Hi there. I am looking for a vietnam 6263 big red dial. MQ sells one for $1100. Will i get what i want from this price, or some other supplier (rubby or somebody else) could have the same product for maybe half of the price. Thanks

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Hi there. I am looking for a vietnam 6263 big red dial. MQ sells one for $1100. Will i get what i want from this price, or some other supplier (rubby or somebody else) could have the same product for maybe half of the price. Thanks

Maybe ask for high res. Pics of both the MQ and Ruby dials that you are interested in. You could compare the, visually at least, and then post pics here. Only you will really be able to decide if paying the extra for the MQ dial will get you a what you want/ is worth it to you.

pclaussen

31/5/20
Maybe ask for high res. Pics of both the MQ and Ruby dials that you are interested in. You could compare the, visually at least, and then post pics here. Only you will really be able to decide if paying the extra for the MQ dial will get you a what you want/ is worth it to you.

Thanks! I talked to ruby and he(she?) said that the model I am looking for will be available in 2 months. There price is 1/3 ($335) of wtat MQ is asking for. Here are a couple of dials offered by MQ.

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12

Absolutely NO

pclaussen

31/5/20
Hi rangan, when you mean NO, iti s because its not worth buying form MQ, or the difference is such that it is worth paying 3x for the dial? thanks

Last edited:

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Hi rangan, when you mean NO, iti s because its not worth buying form MQ, or the difference is such that it is worth paying 3x for the dial? thanks

I answered your question, in the sense that if MQ sells at a higher price and its dials are higher than the others, I thought you understood, but now I've given it to you better!

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
On another note. Ruby is a pleasure to deal with, MQ isn’t. At least in my experience. With MQ communication tends to be ambiguous at best. In terms of quality, request QC shots of anything you purchase.

StanleyKipski

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/20
Dallas
I am new here but I am looking for a vintage 6264 or 6263 custom build.. anyone can point me in the correct direction.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI