Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

What are "Vietnam dials"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandfather used to get dials from Charlie's up in the trees. Also they were made in underground tunnel so rolex couldn't find them. Dial buyers seen some shit man. It was crazy you youngsters and your internet's don't know how good you have it now.

Comment

sorry guys if my post is unrelated but i got this idea of replacing the horrible dial on a JKF seadweller COMEX with this one...
      the second photo shows the backside... considering the feet placement, will it fit the Asian 2813 i have in my JK ?

Comment

here is the backside

Comment

Hi all, I just got quoted $1000USD for a silver big red 6263 dial from MQ is that outrageous?

Comment

Originally posted by qualityazn View Post
            Hi all, I just got quoted $1000USD for a silver big red 6263 dial from MQ is that outrageous?
            yes very outrageous

Comment

is it possible for me to counteroffer or does it not work like that? If so, what is a reasonable counter offer? Sorry never bought one direct from MQ

Comment

is it possible for me to counteroffer or does it not work like that? If so, what is a reasonable counter offer? Sorry never bought one direct from MQ
                The general consensus is that MQ sources dials the same way Phong, Ruby and other dealers do. But some of the more experienced modders/builders here like yodog tripdog kilowattore TheSociety dbane883 slay cut out the middleman and can also (sometimes) get custom features on dials.
                GEN - 1982 Rolex 16013 "American Psycho" Champagne Tapestry Datejust; Omega 38.5 "Skyfall" blue AT; 1999 Omega 2531.80; Hamilton K454 "Sputnik"; 1967 Bulova Accutron 218D; Seagull 1963 Chronograph reissue
                REP - Rolex Explorer 5500 Gilt Dial gen case; 1988 Rolex 16610 TC Franken; V6F v2.5 Omega SM300 "Spectre"; Cartel Rolex 6238 Pre-Daytona; Johnny Lazar "Goldfinger" Rolex 6538; Rolex 6542 Albino GMT
                WISH - Rolex 5513 rep or Franken; Omega Moonwatch gen

Comment

MQ's client base used to be gen collectors and owners, which is why his pricing is so much higher. In recent years there has been more widespread knowledge of the existence of these parts, therefore it has trickled down to the price ranges of rep collectors and builders. All this means is that the same stuff that MQ sells, he has been doing so at a huge premium for years and years. The stuff is exactly the same to a certain aspect - the material and prints are all the same, but MQ probably has first pick of the dials that these artisans in Vietnam make. Quality also differs, but are very minute. It is still a mysterious business in some way. Prices have settled down to around $200 - $400 on average, while MQ's high prices have not yet changed.
                  Gens: Rolex 116334, Rolex 116233 DD, Rolex 16018 DJ, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex 1675/3
                  Reps: Franken 1675, Franken 116520

My Vintage Rolex Builds!

Comment

Thanks for the insight all, I’ll look somewhere else like Ruby’s. My untrained eyes won’t be able to justify the 2-3x markup!

Comment

Do any of the modders or gurus know how to source this 6263 silver dial with tropical subdials? MQ quoted $1200, highway robbery...

http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/...emart&Itemid=1

Thank you

Comment

Do any of the modders or gurus know how to source this 6263 silver dial with tropical subdials? MQ quoted $1200, highway robbery...

http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/...emart&Itemid=1

Thank you
                        You might want to camp on Ruby's website... she had something similar a couple months back. Will take time, but saves a lot of moolah
                        Current Collection

Done counting. Madness.

Comment

Does these guys ever do Patek Philippe dials? I’d love a good nautilus blue dial. MQ said he can’t get one
                          My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

I'm in Vietnam and do not know much about these guys.

Anyone know their name or any type of contacts that I can inform them? So that I meet them directly and ask if they can provide us more reasonable price DIAL !

Comment

Working...
                            X