• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

Hector-Anabasi

Known Member
26/3/18
Oslo - Norway
Did you check out the 6263 bezels that Ruby's sells? They look decent.

FYI, if you're planning on fitting a gen spec bezel to a cartel case, you will have to machine a lip off the outer lower wall of the rehaut of the case in order to allow a gen spec bezel to sit flush with the case. The cartel bezel has a step machined into its inner diameter to accommodate the lip on the cartel case, but a gen spec bezel does not have that step, so you either have to remove the lip from the case or machine a step into the gen spec bezel.

Further detail here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ntage-daytonas-are-nice?p=8511475#post8511475

Thanks for sharing so many good tips mate. Really appreciated! I’m a bit uncertain about to remove the lip from the case.. not sure I can make a good job there. I saw that Ruby has two different bezels for the 6263.. I think about it. Meanwhile I sourced the watch from Marvellous, ordered the Clark 25-21 and about to pick up a good black dial from Ruby.
Yuki ran out of bracelets.. in your opinion the Cartel is hopeless?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Thanks for sharing so many good tips mate. Really appreciated! I’m a bit uncertain about to remove the lip from the case.. not sure I can make a good job there. I saw that Ruby has two different bezels for the 6263.. I think about it. Meanwhile I sourced the watch from Marvellous, ordered the Clark 25-21 and about to pick up a good black dial from Ruby.
Yuki ran out of bracelets.. in your opinion the Cartel is hopeless?

Feel free to share how you did it if without heavy machinery like a lathe…

Rustycrown

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/6/21
c7e154e3970b347b357e85df29bdd612.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Got QC from Marv today.. it doesn’t look so bad OOTB..

Holy crap they improved the dial so much
ZIbOS2.jpg

This is mine with the viet dial, they usual f up the subdials by making them glossy. Its damn good now, the subdial size is still meh because of the position but damn that looks good enough to wear ootb. Congrats on the purchase.

amplitude They are going for 260USD a piece, bargain for a manual wound chrono imo

Hector-Anabasi

Known Member
26/3/18
Oslo - Norway
Holy crap they improved the dial so much
ZIbOS2.jpg

This is mine with the viet dial, they usual f up the subdials by making them glossy. Its damn good now, the subdial size is still meh because of the position but damn that looks good enough to wear ootb. Congrats on the purchase.

amplitude They are going for 260USD a piece, bargain for a manual wound chrono imo

Yeah mate.. I was surprised too when I got the QC. My plan was to swap the dial with a Viet.. but 500US it’s a lot compared to the upgraded dial on this watch.
I’ll change crystal with a Clark for sure.

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/233993998910

Any tips for a good hands set. I checked Raffles and Alpha.. but nothing really triggering me..
Open for suggestions! :)

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Wait dude i realised, the subdial hands are thinner too, may not have to change them imo they look good. I mean with a dial swap also comes with the extra cost of the mod to move the subdial up. Ruby dials aren't crazy expensive yet are really good quality.
ZgEs8b.png

Would recommend a bezel swap but that's just me being anal.

I think altho the dial is good, in vintage the dials are 90% of the importance and ruby dials aren't crazy money.

Reactions: Hector-Anabasi

Hector-Anabasi

Known Member
26/3/18
Oslo - Norway
Wait dude i realised, the subdial hands are thinner too, may not have to change them imo they look good. I mean with a dial swap also comes with the extra cost of the mod to move the subdial up. Ruby dials aren't crazy expensive yet are really good quality.
ZgEs8b.png

I think altho the dial is good, in vintage the dials are 90% of the importance and ruby dials aren't crazy money.

Agree mate. But Ruby is still 400-450 plus shipment..
I checked Yuki, but the available black/red/white didn’t grab me in. Only upside is the price. Around 150..
Damn.. I’m in trouble.. dunno what to do..! :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Rustycrown

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/6/21
ZgEs8b.png

Change the Dial, bezels, crown, Plexy and maybe a gen Bracelet. And its Good :)

Sent from the RWI App

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
HAHAHA you stay away you are the daytonut of daytonuts.

1016 space dweller:

Gen 1600 case and caseback
Whoopy space dweller dial
Low beat benrus movement
?? Hands
Shitty Chinese bracelet

Omani Daytona 6263:

Viet dial
Viet bezel
Viet hands
Gen coronet
ST19 crystal
Cartel case, caseback pushers and bracelet

MK3 radial 1675 GMT:

Milk case, caseback, bezel
Ruby dial
Raffles hands and bracelet

Tiffany and co Paul Newman Daytona (white):

Ruby case, caseback, pushers, crown, dial, bezel
Phong hands
valjoux 72 movement

RCO Paul Newman (black):

Ruby dial and bezel
Viet hands
ST19 crystal
Cartel case, caseback, pushers

Lool i guess i am , nice mixture you got there , lemme know incase you got bored of any of them. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk