• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
6f2be2e8209b3dd6126b39d025e8d6d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
What thickness does a Daytona have with a valjoux 72x movement?

theSubterfuge

Known Member
2/9/17
hi all - i bought this off rwi about ~2 yrs ago and it's apparently a build by thesociety.

the ref 6239 with tiffany dial should be pump pushers and not screwdown pushers i believe.

can any experts suggest where I can buy compatible pump pushers for this? I believe it's running a ST19 and has either a cartel or viet case.

any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tempo

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
hi all - i bought this off rwi about ~2 yrs ago and it's apparently a build by thesociety.

the ref 6239 with tiffany dial should be pump pushers and not screwdown pushers i believe.

can any experts suggest where I can buy compatible pump pushers for this? I believe it's running a ST19 and has either a cartel or viet case.

any help is appreciated.

That’s a vietnam case with a gen spec caliber in it. Visible on the moving hour counter at 6 o’clock.

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

I believe that’s a vietnam case with a gen spec caliber in it.
The cartel/ ST19 has no function of the 6 o’clock counter, yours seem to move, or it’s just badly angled.

Last edited:

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
It's been a 6263 kind of week. Hey, anybody know where I can get some good P301 pushers? I'm still rocking the cartel pushers on this one and they need to go yesterday.

Reactions: gclass

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
Wow peterchao

That is a beautiful watch !

I am a newbie at the 6263 game. About to head down the path by buying a "Cartel base" Marvelous Replica $200 + $30 shipping 6263

Any words of advice ? Would like to end up with a watch similar to yours.

Thank you!

Thx sir for your kind words. Mine is a cartel based build by Slay. Case was reshaped, and has Vietnam dial, Vietnam bezel, custom thin hands, Clark plexi, gen crown, softened stock cartel pushers and gen 7835 bracelet.

We have some really good modders here on forum and they can literally do magic with their hands. Cartel 4 digit Daytonas are great base to start with for a budget route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charizard735

Horology Curious
23/1/21
Hey all! I’m new to RWI and looking for a decent 6263 Big Red build (black dial). I recently bought a cartel 6263 PN from Marvellous and I love it. I was going to buy the cartel Big Red but the dial looks way off, since the subdials look silver, instead of white. Could you please offer some suggestions for a nice simple build? I don’t know where to get nice Vietnam dials or anything like that. It doesn’t have to be a perfect or expensive build, I really just want a nice decent dial. Your advice is much appreciated, thank you!

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
Hey all! I’m new to RWI and looking for a decent 6263 Big Red build (black dial). I recently bought a cartel 6263 PN from Marvellous and I love it. I was going to buy the cartel Big Red but the dial looks way off, since the subdials look silver, instead of white. Could you please offer some suggestions for a nice simple build? I don’t know where to get nice Vietnam dials or anything like that. It doesn’t have to be a perfect or expensive build, I really just want a nice decent dial. Your advice is much appreciated, thank you!

Ruby's is probably your best option: http://www.rubyswatch.com/Products/parts/day-6263 You need to enter a password in order to access Ruby's site. I will PM you the password. Ruby's doesn't currently have a Big Red dial in stock, but they seem to update their stock every few weeks and I have seen that they have regularaly had Big Red dials in stock in the past. I would email them. I think the cost will be around $300-$350 for a dial + 50 shipping.

Yuki is another option, but I think Yuki daytona dials are a step down from Ruby's: https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/it...9/10282040.htm

FYI, you will need to modify the ST19 movement to fit a gen spec Vietnam dial. hanski posted some information about that here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...79#post7157379. There is also a more detailed explanation in this thread over on RWG.cc: https://rwg.cc/topic/136033-modding-...-dial-spacing/

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Charizard735

Horology Curious
23/1/21
Thanks for all of that information! I noticed that the new cartel subdials actually don’t “bleed” at the 6. My new cartel 6263 PN has a bit of space between the 6 subdial and the outer ring. I noticed that the spacing is slightly different for the Big Red as well. Did they fix the spacing now? Would the mods still be necesssary?