• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

Mapearso

Patron
11/9/16
I thought he was circling the asymmetrical lugs not pointing out the bezel doesn't fit .... ??

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
Haaayyyy
idznl5Hl.jpg

S0lEc92l.jpg

EVC6brol.jpg

lWG55hFl.jpg

YyynHKSl.jpg

trXTMLql.jpg

Reactions: frankfrank

cben

Renowned Member
5/4/14
I'm thinking about starting a long term v72 project and I have some questions about missing points in this thread.

What is the best base for a v72 build ? DW is good but hard to find, what about VN case ? Are they really accuracte? I found V2 cartels too thick, even reshaped. The daytona has a slim profile and cartel cases makes it chuncky, that's why I sold my super cartel v2 based build.

What about hands ? VN for both sub hands and main hands ?

whatever the case found that accept gen V727 rolex, is any V72x will fit ? especially about crown and pushers height.

The best easy v72 build seem to be a full VN but it is really accurate on every points ?

Thanks to all

JCB117

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/13
Hi,

Interested in slowly building a Daytona 6263 vintage rep 'sigma dial'. With that lovely 'whitish panda dial'.... So I've read through the original post, thanks for the detail.

Looking on puretime.io. they're selling this

I prefer a sigma dial, but is the Case and Bezel as close to Gen as possible? - The movement/dial and everything else can slowly be upgraded with gen/non-gen parts, but I can't start with the wrong shaped case. Lol

If there's somewhere else I should be looking for the base watch, if you can share a link that would be great! :)

Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to shed.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Hi all,

Does anyone know where to find slim white subdial hands for a 6265 panda Cartel build (that would fit the ST19 without mods) ?

Thanks !

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
Hi all,

Does anyone know where to find slim white subdial hands for a 6265 panda Cartel build (that would fit the ST19 without mods) ?

Thanks !

Check alphawatch. Afaik they only have silvery or black ones. U can get them white yourself with some paint.

xgeryx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/19
Incredible amount of information here! Awesome job and appreciate the sharing.

What is the verdict on a full build from Phong? Is anyone here was so lucky to acquire one and can show us to mere mortals? :)

I’d be saving up for this one. Just curious if these are really that close to gen that no more mod would be needed.

e7d561d9d20ecf2a012e55ba1da919a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchengsketch

21/5/17
Incredible amount of information here! Awesome job and appreciate the sharing.

What is the verdict on a full build from Phong? Is anyone here was so lucky to acquire one and can show us to mere mortals? :)

I’d be saving up for this one. Just curious if these are really that close to gen that no more mod would be needed.

e7d561d9d20ecf2a012e55ba1da919a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd probably be better off getting a Slay-built V72 build, it would certainly cost less. Phong's movement finishing I've heard is hit or miss, people have had better results with someone from the UK, I don't know the name though.