• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

nycrounders

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
13/12/15
How did you get vietnam bezel to fit the jkf 6241?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might just be the insert piece that was installed. I’m not 100% sure as I didn’t install it. I can try to find out if you are interested.

PhilX01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/21
It might just be the insert piece that was installed. I’m not 100% sure as I didn’t install it. I can try to find out if you are interested.

Sure that would be great. I am definitely interested in getting that bakelite finish.

nycrounders

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
13/12/15
Sure that would be great. I am definitely interested in getting that bakelite finish.

Here’s the other bezel I had on it. So, it might be originally a 6239

fbf6cebcc3f30fdfdefc11eb491713fd.jpg

Reactions: PhilX01

RLNW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/21

I'm in interesting finding out as well! From what I've read, the Vietnam black bakelite bezels don't fit the Cartel cases and require signficant machining to fit. Without machining, there is supposedly a noticeable gap between the bezel and case which of course doesn't look good. Those VN bezel letters in thin type do look nice!

Reactions: gpvecchi

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
Buonasera,
sono un utente della sezione italiana.
anzitutto complimenti per i vostri Daytona manuali.
Ho bisogno di un consiglio. Da tempo sto pensando di realizzare la famosa conversione del mio valjoux 726 in v72, per assemblare un 6265 con molte parti gen. Ho chiesto un preventivo a phong negli usa, inviando il mio movimento. Però ho letto sul forum che il risultato non è soddisfacente.
Sarebbe possibile commissionare questa conversione a qualcuno che l'ha già fatta ?
Magari in Europa ?
Grazie per l'aiuto.
Vittorio

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
19e124d0e4d340f1e803e76e7cc6361d.jpg

This is a very fine piece, especially with the Valjoux 72. But on every pic there is a small hair to see on the crystal. Is it on the dial or only at the crystal.

Wear it in good health.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
This is a very fine piece, especially with the Valjoux 72. But on every pic there is a small hair to see on the crystal. Is it on the dial or only at the crystal.

Wear it in good health.

Yup took it off . Thanks buddy

Reactions: RLNW and diemuse

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Magnificent collection! Well done, sir! These are 3 stunners.

MFK100 Are they all gen-spec? I ask because you're so particular on these details. :)

Thanks buddy , gen specs on some aspects ya and varies from one to piece to another .

Reactions: RLNW

Espada

Horology Curious
14/2/15
Muskoka Canada
These are some amazing Daytonas on this thread !! Thanks to all for posting and contributing. Was an awesome eye candy experience.

Does anyone Know, where I can purchase a 6263, 39mm Cartel, black dial (reverse panda)? I've been away from the forum for some time and am a little out of touch.

Here is my Alpha I've been using as a place holder...
CanYFJjuNlH