• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

Sebthedon

Horology Curious
20/5/17
Hi Guys - thanks for sharing this amazing pieces. Could anyone help me to get a modified Big Red 6263? Thanks for your help and keep up! KR

speadracer

16/2/23
USA
IMG-8786.jpg
Those are two very unique and inspiring timepieces you own. Very nice, congrats my friend

Reactions: Seven7r

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Reactions: Thecloudhopper

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I’ve just managed to bag one of the last Daytona 6241s built by DW:

With a nice history, given its rarity and it having been a wedding day watch!

When it’s safely made its way across the pond to me, I’ll update my own Daytona photo thread, as I’ve managed to accumulate 3 VN vintage exotic dial models since I originally posted.
7750A o Mistery??

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
7750A o Mistery??
I can’t be sure - and I’m not even sure whether I’ll be able to tell once it arrives (I’ll have to re-read this thread for further clues!) - but given it’s a late one, fingers crossed it won’t be the original mystery movement.

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I can’t be sure - and I’m not even sure whether I’ll be able to tell once it arrives (I’ll have to re-read this thread for further clues!) - but given it’s a late one, fingers crossed it won’t be the original mystery movement.
The very first DWs (2010/2011) mounted Mistery and had a 37.2/3 diameter case and were and are highly sought after ,then switched to mount 7750A and clearly changed the case which had a larger diameter , and then vanished into thin air..........

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
I’ve just managed to bag one of the last Daytona 6241s built by DW:

With a nice history, given its rarity and it having been a wedding day watch!

When it’s safely made its way across the pond to me, I’ll update my own Daytona photo thread, as I’ve managed to accumulate 3 VN vintage exotic dial models since I originally posted.
And I can’t even find one :(

connie

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/3/16
Long story short : has anyone ever make a st19 / Venus75 fit in the viet case by Ruby ?!

Would be really helpful 💪

connie

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/3/16
Long story short : has anyone ever make a st19 / Venus75 fit in the viet case by Ruby ?!

Would be really helpful 💪
Édit : i don’t care if the chrono do t work or is frozen :)

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
tbh: it seems to be a standard JKF Daytona? Subdial spacing wrong, all fonts wrong, bezel is too fat, and completely wrong font. What irritates me most is the symmetric pusher layout. jKF normally has the correct asymmetric layout. You can change everything, dial bezel etc. and replace with vietnam parts. But the pusher layout can‘t be changed. The winding crown looks massive for a 6239

Last edited:

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
tbh: it seems to be a standard JKF Daytona? Subdial spacing wrong, all fonts wrong, bezel is too fat, and completely wrong font. What irritates me most is the symmetric pusher layout. jKF normally has the correct asymmetric layout. You can change everything, dial bezel etc. and replace with vietnam parts. But the pusher layout can‘t be changed. The winding crown looks massive for a 6239
and I add ......diameter 39 cm , is one of the worst Dh gate !

Reactions: diemuse

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
Do you know how I can get Vietnam dial?
Mate, have you read the thread you are posting in? Especially this thread is full of informations about getting parts. But it is important to get a best possible basic watch. Yours doesn´t unfortunately belong in this category. You are in a rep forum, you can get all infos you need with cruisin around in this forum.