• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
X4n22.jpg

Reactions: Alhig72

chrome72

7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
I have a Silix Rol234 as my base. I am looking to get a dg2813 movement and a raffles dial. For hands, is there a certain set that would fit the Sillix Rol 234? I apologize if this question doesn't belong here. I really like the gold tone with yellow lume look. Appreciate any help.

chrome72

7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
Using a Silix Rol124 as a base for my 6538, what kind of water resistance could i expect if gaskets are silicone'd up and screwed on tight? I often see replacing the crystal for is often mentioned, for increased water resistance, should the crystal be replaced on the Silix base watch? Thanks!

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
Using a Silix Rol124 as a base for my 6538, what kind of water resistance could i expect if gaskets are silicone'd up and screwed on tight? I often see replacing the crystal for is often mentioned, for increased water resistance, should the crystal be replaced on the Silix base watch? Thanks!

The first day I wore my silix build was two 4th of Julys ago. We had a cookout outside my college with a torrential downpour at one point, and I was getting a kick out of having a tough, waterproof Submariner on my wrist for the first time. After a lot of drinks and crashing on my friend's couch, I woke up to find the crystal was totally fogged over and the watch was dead. So yeah I would replace the crystal :smildzor: