• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

chrome72

7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
Silix is a fine base. Mine is a Cartel base with a high beat 2836 only because I like that movement and also it takes Helenarou dials and hands, but they are similar. Most of the modded 6538s you see here are Silix 21j based.

Dumb question, but is cartel a manufacturer? From what I thought from reading various threads, the cartel base was what silix was selling. Are they one in the same?

your watch you posted above is really nice, where did you get your dial and did you do the aging of the bezel and hands yourself?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Dumb question, but is cartel a manufacturer? From what I thought from reading various threads, the cartel base was what silix was selling. Are they one in the same?

your watch you posted above is really nice, where did you get your dial and did you do the aging of the bezel and hands yourself?

The Cartel are the twins, two rep dealers (probably the biggest although puretime would give them a run for their money) who are not welcome here anymore. Most TDs can get what they get you just have to show them the model on their site. PM me for more details if you like.

The Dial is a Helenarou dial aged by big_dazza , The hands are Riyi. The crystal is clarks. All the work including assembly and aging was done by the wonderful NCRich (Rich no I am not being sarcastic). Waterproofing was done by my own watchmaker and yes this is now dive capable so I am safe in the bath with it on.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
IMG_20180624_165651.jpg

IMG_20180624_165803.jpg