Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shout-out to all king sub owners, please share some photos to drool over haha

Your build story would also be highly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Revolper View Post
        Stunning piece!

Comment

Originally posted by xgeryx View Post

Yea, I’m yet to receive QC pics from HR, I will post them here once received. In the meantime though it’s definitely become my daily routine to check Ruby’s site for stock updates haha

Thanks confirming the ETA fit of Ruby’s case. So the stem height is correct too? Do you know if the case takes a 29 mm dial too?

Also thanks for heads-up on the t19 crystal, I was not aware of that. As an alternative would you suggest something else besides the GS PA462-19m crystal?

On the Phong case, I might be able to negotiate the price yes, but I’d potentially be taking away the chance from more hardcore and better funded builders to achieve their dream build.

When you do the decal printing of 369 dial shoot a few photos my way pls
          The issue with HR dials is that they are gold ink and not a true negative relief dial where the polished metal surface is showing through. Real Rolex gilt dials from the era shine and shimmer in a way that gold ink never can. HR dial text is also a lot thicker than the real thing.

Stem height is more or less correct for the ETAs I've tried, should be about 1.8mm from dial surface.

29mm dial is too big!! The 6538 takes a 27mm dial, and I'm pretty sure the 6200 does too, or something close to that.

I don't know of any crystal other than the 19m that fits, other than the ones Phong and MQ sell, which are NOT genuine by the way.

Will do on the decal dial. Might be a few weeks off.

Comment

I might just go with a budget build for now. I’ve seen many great builds with HR dial and silix case. Will keep you guys posted

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jimcon11 View Post

lol what? It's pretty easy to tell that that is the regular style of 6538 bezel. The A/6538 bezel would need to be custom made, and only a couple people like manodeoro have been crazy enough to attempt it
                I was trying to be polite, and giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of just calling out the wrong bezel! ha ha! Actually, I saw this watch a few months ago over on Repgeek. Killowatour(sp?) posted it after he built it for the member.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mendota View Post

I was trying to be polite, and giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of just calling out the wrong bezel! ha ha! Actually, I saw this watch a few months ago over on Repgeek. Killowatour(sp?) posted it after he built it for the member.
                  https://images.app.goo.gl/7ZGd2keBNfXqr2MF9

this was the main inspiration for the build.

Comment

Originally posted by Mendota View Post

I’m not sure if it’s the wrong bezel though, it’s more about not being a 6538/A milsub but a very rare 4 liner 6538.

But of course I’m might be wrong here.

Comment

Speaking of bezels, what is the verdict on WSO no hashmark inserts? They look pretty good to me.

Comment

Factory fresh prior to some light first stage vintagizing today.

Comment

Originally posted by xgeryx View Post
                          Speaking of bezels, what is the verdict on WSO no hashmark inserts? They look pretty good to me.

post a pic

Comment

Originally posted by jimcon11 View Post

post a pic

Comment

Well, that looks like a computer graphic to me. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be as good as the Phong one, which is at least close to being right.

I think you said you're going to go with a silix or HR build, both of those cases use an oversized bezel and insert so your options may be limited to what comes with the case.
                              Last edited by jimcon11; 16-06-19, 21:02.

Comment

Indeed, WSO won't fit the silix/cartel case
                                SHARE YOUR SKILLS!
                                Summary of the best tutorials

MY WORKS
                                Directory of my builds and reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X