• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
[MENTION=93698]Retina[/MENTION] can't wait to see the banner :D

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
What do you guys think about the 6538 case from yuki? Don't see that one too often

runta25

Renowned Member
3/1/14
New York, NY
[MENTION=126233]Limer[/MENTION] I have been vacilating between phong/yuki/hr for my build. I'd be very interested in an answer here as well.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
As for now I found out that the yuki 5510 case is better for a 6538 build because the reheat on the yuki 6538 is wonky and too tall
@Limer I have been vacilating between phong/yuki/hr for my build. I'd be very interested in an answer here as well.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
Hehe I also want to do a 5510. I asked him and the 6538 is $950. I guess the 5510 is in the same area
I kind of want to do a 5510 build. What is the going rate for a yuki?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runta25

Renowned Member
3/1/14
New York, NY
Christ. An HR + significant casework would be much cheaper... what's the advantage I wonder. We should be doing more build planning jointly, so this BC club of ours gets bigger.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
I know... But I kinda want to try out the yuki since I don't see it that often. HR does take a 29mm dial right?

runta25

Renowned Member
3/1/14
New York, NY
HR takes 29mm, but without casework it won't be great. The midcase is too thick for example, and lacks the '{' shape of the gen. The chamfers are also not big enough, but as a starting case, it's perfect. What I'm worried about is really fitting a cal 1530 in it.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
For me HR always looked too bulky. There are some nice built around, but I don't think that I will go with HR. Fitting the movement in could be hard....

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
There's no such thing as a perfect case set for 6538. Even the phong requires case work to make sure it looks good.
the lug ends are curved down and require welding plus polishing to get that effect. Something which DLF does very well. Even phong cases lack that gen curves. I won't worry about it too much. There are much variation between the BCs, sticking to a right dial with good chamfers is enough to pull off the BC look. The important elements are the dial, bronze bezel and chamfered lugs. A big plus is the athaya crown upgrade.

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
There's no such thing as a perfect case set for 6538. Even the phong requires case work to make sure it looks good.
the lug ends are curved down and require welding plus polishing to get that effect. Something which DLF does very well. Even phong cases lack that gen curves. I won't worry about it too much. There are much variation between the BCs, sticking to a right dial with good chamfers is enough to pull off the BC look. The important elements are the dial, bronze bezel and chamfered lugs. A big plus is the athaya crown upgrade.

Yep that's true, I think i will go with yuki or just silix again on mine. HR is nothing for me, phong is way out of the budget...

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Yep that's true, I think i will go with yuki or just silix again on mine. HR is nothing for me, phong is way out of the budget...

I love the silix base :) mine is a silix ;)

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
I love the silix base :) mine is a silix ;)

i like it as well, but I think the bezel looks better on yuki and you have the 27mm dials on yuki. With silix you are limited to HR, raffles and decals

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
I do look forward to your work on it if you ever switch to a yuki ;)

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
I think I will do in the future. Don't know how to get the case to germany though :rofl:

Quite sure you can do triangle shipping. And cases shouldn't be an issue so long as they don't have logos

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
The case has the brevet crown on it with the rolex logo and I read somewhere that he states his items with the correct value when shipping... I will have to pay quite some duty fees if thats the case.. We will see
Quite sure you can do triangle shipping. And cases shouldn't be an issue so long as they don't have logos

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
I emailed with yuki and they said that they will lower the value on the package and send it as a gift which should lower the Import duty fee.
The case has the brevet crown on it with the rolex logo and I read somewhere that he states his items with the correct value when shipping... I will have to pay quite some duty fees if thats the case.. We will see