• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Decal printed dial

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
decal
e32400d4e3f8c434bef1a42b1f5806d4.jpg

buluth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/15
Does anyone know how you can make custom pad printing plates, is it possible?

Sent from my SM-J600F using Tapatalk

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
Finished it...kinda. Still needs some bits and bobs, such as fat spring bars and fitting end links, and a fitting pip. but the bulk of the work is done. The crown is an Athaya, which needed to be fitted with a 0.90 to 1.20 adapter, because it is gen spec. And I had to drill the case and tap M4 threads, which only just fitted else I would have opened up the case under the bezel, or under the caseback gasket.

It uses a period correct movement, running at 18000bph, which I have serviced and reground the teeth of a modern spring barrel so I could fit a modern main spring. This makes the movement run a decent 60+ hour PR. It runs really accurate too, never understood the need for higher beat rates, it is like camera megapixels, pointless if other specs are not met to harvest the benefits. Amplitude of the movement is at a decent 280-300 degrees.

The hand set I ground down here and there to make it more gen like dimensions, it is not perfect, but then again, not even gen are...

6538-ready.jpg

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Finished it...kinda. Still needs some bits and bobs, such as fat spring bars and fitting end links, and a fitting pip. but the bulk of the work is done. The crown is an Athaya, which needed to be fitted with a 0.90 to 1.20 adapter, because it is gen spec. And I had to drill the case and tap M4 threads, which only just fitted else I would have opened up the case under the bezel, or under the caseback gasket.

It uses a period correct movement, running at 18000bph, which I have serviced and reground the teeth of a modern spring barrel so I could fit a modern main spring. This makes the movement run a decent 60+ hour PR. It runs really accurate too, never understood the need for higher beat rates, it is like camera megapixels, pointless if other specs are not met to harvest the benefits. Amplitude of the movement is at a decent 280-300 degrees.

The hand set I ground down here and there to make it more gen like dimensions, it is not perfect, but then again, not even gen are...

6538-ready.jpg

dial looks good! what end links do you plan on using with the silix case?

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Oh just some I have picked up on ebay once. They are not perfect, but will do...

What I meant was which endlink code/reference? 580s? I've only seen the correct 6538 58 and 80 end links from VN sellers. Been looking for a cheaper alternative that still fits well, but I've seen nothing about how any of the 3 digit end links fit.

Last edited: