• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Decal printed dial

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
Explorer dial...

http://i.imgur.com/yFlCRAB.jpg?1

yFlCRAB.jpg

Last edited:

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
They do on my PC and then not, and now I posted the URL to the images and then they worked again... I don't get it how this could be so hard on this forum and everybody somehow refuses to explain, if I quote a post with working images I see some kind of html code, but that doesn't work either.

Is there some topic on here that is some kind of manual to the picture uploading feature? It is completely unclear what all the functions in this feature mean or do?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
They do on my PC and then not, and now I posted the URL to the images and then they worked again... I don't get it how this could be so hard on this forum and everybody somehow refuses to explain, if I quote a post with working images I see some kind of html code, but that doesn't work either.

Is there some topic on here that is some kind of manual to the picture uploading feature? It is completely unclear what all the functions in this feature mean or do?

01 - open imgur account
02 - select/open the pic
03 - copy BB-CODE
04 - paste BB-CODE on your post

Then we will see your pics ;)

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
01 - open imgur account
02 - select/open the pic
03 - copy BB-CODE
04 - paste BB-CODE on your post

Then we will see your pics ;)

I did exactly that, like I've done for more than a decade on all kinds of other boards. It works for a minute or two and then the image is getting the torn paper icon...

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
Does anybody have the design files of the designs available for me? In SVG or whatever format that is properly scalable?

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can get dial blanks with ETA feet, that are 27.5mm in diameter?

i would love to create 6536/1 service (white text as opposed to gilt) dials since no one sells them aftermarket. as far as i know no one sells 6536/1 dials at all; i have only seen a few 6536 from MQ, and an albino 6536 from ruby, which are both too small as 6536 dials are 27mm. this is all assuming that Ruby's 6536 1 engraved cases are actually 6536/1 spec.

me&tedd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can get dial blanks with ETA feet, that are 27.5mm in diameter?

i would love to create 6536/1 service (white text as opposed to gilt) dials since no one sells them aftermarket. as far as i know no one sells 6536/1 dials at all; i have only seen a few 6536 from MQ, and an albino 6536 from ruby, which are both too small as 6536 dials are 27mm. this is all assuming that Ruby's 6536 1 engraved cases are actually 6536/1 spec.

Ask HR for it. Maybe they can help you with it.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

If you want to create by yourself you could just buy a cheap blank dial with ETA feets at raffles time, sand it to the right diameter then print it.

Holla09

7/5/17
Does anybody have the files for an explorer printed dial? Someone sent them out awhile ago but I only saved the submariner and 1675 dials and cannot find the explorer dial. I want to try printing a 1016 dial.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Ask HR for it. Maybe they can help you with it.
Yes, HR will custom print dials for you. If you can provide the dial vector images he'll print anything you ask. So many members have already provided him with custom dial images that he might already have what you are looking for. He's like the Louvre - only a fraction of what he can do is actually on display.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Thank you Mendota Do you know HR's full user name? I'm sure his print quality is better than mine

The storefront is called Helenarau and I don't remember if the Ebay store and website are both called the same or not. He has a website and Ebay store, so try searching under the Helenarau name first. He sells complete watches, dials, hands, cases, movements, parts, you name it. The dials you will see on his site are without logo, so you will need to request him to email you pics of whatever you need showing the logo. If he doesn't have what you need in his database, you can talk to him about printing it for you.

Reactions: Holla09

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Thank you Mendota Do you know HR's full user name? I'm sure his print quality is better than mine

The storefront is called Helenarau and I don't remember if the Ebay store and website are both called the same or not. He has a website and Ebay store, so try searching under the Helenarau name first. He sells complete watches, dials, hands, cases, movements, parts, you name it. The dials you will see on his site are without logo, so you will need to request him to email you pics of whatever you need showing the logo. If he doesn't have what you need in his database, you can talk to him about printing it for you.

Holla09 just send an email to [email protected] and explain exactly what you need.

I don't know if they have any design "in stock" but I'm certain they can print a dial starting with a vector file.
Last year I sent them my A/6538 dial design so that they could print a dial for a gu y (on another forum) and everything went smooth.
They charged $90 but now they ask $110 for custom printing.
Something IMPORTANT you must know is that they do SILK-print and not PAD-print (at least that's how they printed the A/6538) !!!
So the "3D effect" of the printings is not really "high" ... but that's still better than decal printing with which you won't have any 3D.

Reactions: Mendota and Dan71

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Hey Guys

got some exciting news here on a new style of water transfer decal!

Im subscribed to the watch repair channel on Youtube...I enjoy watching hims service watches...I find it relaxing lol

anyway....today he posted a video on a Laser Jet Decal transfer that he used on a dial for a custom watch that he made..

its for laser printers only but you dip the decal...slide it onto the dial and then you bake the laser ink onto the dial surface at a low temp.. This eliminated the decal film and looks like it was printed with a pad.

His project turned out pretty good.

Here is the video

Here is a link to the paper on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/162644029747?ul_noapp=true

Okay...whos is gonna be the first to try this?? I wanna see how it works out for the negative relief dials we do.

Cheers