• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Decal printed dial

Netesac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Yes... Dials and hands need to be lumed... That's my next project... That and rebrushing the bracelet and drilling the lugs.

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
Looks not bad at all, you can see some very small pieces peeled off with removing the film, and the oy in the oyster text are a little bit smudged together. I sometimes take a brass oiler and engrave such areas a bit by hand, and then bake it (again) to smooth it out. But that does require lots of practise and a super steady hand.
​​

Reactions: Netesac

chrome72

7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
Anyone tried UV Printing to create a dial? I got a quote for $130 which seems like a lot for such a small area. Looks like it might be a good option for negative relief dial.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
The case is from an Invicta 8926OB with the Seiko NH35 movement. Only kept the case, movement and crown. Replaced everything else, including the crystal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

:thumbup:

AntonioT

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/15
British Columbia
Nice printing process but I have to ask...
what would be the life span of such a dial?
I know someone who has one of those watches with a decal dial (repmaster1234's dial) and it is now showing cracks in the laquer, like those spider dials?

Reactions: Briteling

jelliottz

11/7/13
I know someone who has one of those watches with a decal dial (repmaster1234's dial) and it is now showing cracks in the laquer, like those spider dials?

0e1b8cda9e3dea70eb3cdc65386e41be.jpg

This one is 4+ years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: itgoes211

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam

My first few dials, barely two years ago are now all cracked. But these were with film.

My film free dials, which I made shortly after, are still all like the say I made them. Knowing the material, I am sure these can last several decades.