• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1977 18k Rolex 1680/8

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
Not really it's obviously Gen and looks like it has had a service dial and bezel insert st some point. I am not a fan of the tropical dials anyway so bothered.

It has all the booklets and incredibly rare 18k anchor ⚓

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
That’s yours i guess? Congrats, my absolute dream watch!

I’d appreciate more pics especially of the dial in direct sunlight.

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
The rarity,

at least that the dial has not been reprinted on a gmt dial, at the time Rolex had the "nipple" dial master not engraved, without serigraphy, which could adapt at the request of the customer only for gold, but if you have more informations and certifications on your 1680, you can be more certain on the dial manufactured

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
This my consideration, but I repeat only my consideration, and 'due to the fact that at the time, the 1680/8 was configured with the "radial dial" with the scale of the minutes very accentuated, and in your case is not, I report the difference on the two minute scales

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm guessing the extreme gap between the bracelet and lugs is due to the fact that gold's very soft!

I can't say the gold nipple dial Sub is a particular grail for me - although it is really nice, and congratulations on owning one. That gold anchor is amazing.

Reactions: mclarendude