• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me with my broken 1016 franken rep

vnctmrn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/15
Switzerland
Hi everyone!

So I've been out of the rep game for a while now and just looked through my old watch "bin" filled with old reps, straps, tools, whatever.

Then I found my 1016 rep I started building years ago and completely forgot about. When assembling I accidentally broke the movement, and given my miniscule knowledge about movements at the time, completely scrapped the project.

I've attached pictures of the current state. When I saw the case, I knew I had to finish what I started years ago. I believe it is a yuki dial and hands that I've aged a bit further myself and the fake ETA came from a donor watch from a TD.

What parts would you recommend to finish this? Definitely need a new movement, dial and hands might be salvageable if they are passable.

Thank you to everyone that's willing to help me out :)

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Hi

That dial looks not bad, looks like yuki, you could try to find a true gilt or viet as they are super nice or keep this one, as for the movement the low beat 2879 amke a great upgrade for the 2836, best budget hands are clarks ( vintage tudor) and 6mm used crowns are not too expensive, as for the brecelet mary sells a nice folder 7860 for $60 or ruby has one really nice for $140ish, if the crystal its rep try replacing with a T21 clarks/sternk it makes a huge difference, lugs holes should be 1,25mm , and you should be ready with that

vnctmrn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/15
Switzerland
Hi

That dial looks not bad, looks like yuki, you could try to find a true gilt or viet as they are super nice or keep this one, as for the movement the low beat 2879 amke a great upgrade for the 2836, best budget hands are clarks ( vintage tudor) and 6mm used crowns are not too expensive, as for the brecelet mary sells a nice folder 7860 for $60 or ruby has one really nice for $140ish, if the crystal its rep try replacing with a T21 clarks/sternk it makes a huge difference, lugs holes should be 1,25mm , and you should be ready with that

thanks for the info!

If you're in conus, you can send it and the needed parts to me. I'll build it for free for you. I'd recommend an affordable raffles build like what I did for myself recently.
Pm me if interested, I like building watches.
jQhDGj.jpg

Looks great man! Unfortunately I'm from Europe, actually planned a longer trip to America but all that got cancelled... else I could've taken it with lol.

Last edited:

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
thanks for the info!

Looks great man! Unfortunately I'm from Europe, actually planned a longer trip to America but all that got cancelled... else I could've taken it with lol.
Oh too bad! Well if you need help when you get down to it I'll be subbed.

Also, I could send you links for all the parts I bought for mine. That may help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Adamp

Horology Curious
22/6/22
If you're in conus, you can send it and the needed parts to me. I'll build it for free for you. I'd recommend an affordable raffles build like what I did for myself recently.
Pm me if interested, I like building watches.

Great build! Did you do a build thread for this watch? I looked at posts started by you , bit couldn't see one.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Great build! Did you do a build thread for this watch? I looked at posts started by you , bit couldn't see one.

I did not sadly, however, almost all parts came from Ken at rafflesdials. The dial was spritzed with tinted guitar lacquer from stewmac(dot com)