You have $30k which vintage watch would you buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AF_FNQ View Post
    Although if the budget was more than 30K I would go 5512 with an Explorer dial.
    LOL ....
    you are a bit faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the 30k with that ....​​​​​​​

Comment

double post
      Last edited by Erinoush; 20-11-21, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinoush View Post
        LOL !!!!!! multiply the budget by 10 and you'll get a nice sample if you are lucky. !!!!
        Hey....in my wildest dreams I know, but if I was cashed up, it would be the watch out of anything out there that I would buy. It has the elegance of Rolex, but with the old world charm of numbers, and with just the 3, 6 and 9, an aged simplicity..and unbelievably captures the explorer spirit. It continues on from the Rolex Explorer 5504 where you could envisage that was used in land expeditions, with the 5512 Explorer taking it to the next dimension...underwater. Rolex even went further with the reported test model production run Space Dweller (1016??)..apparently still with the 3, 6, and 9 marker.

And this to me illustrates the justification for Reps and homages....why should such style, beauty and our history be only for those that are able to afford values beyond the means on even moderately wealthy people.....

Ahh...it is just a beautiful watch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AF_FNQ View Post

Hey....in my wildest dreams I know, but if I was cashed up, it would be the watch out of anything out there that I would buy. It has the elegance of Rolex, but with the old world charm of numbers, and with just the 3, 6 and 9, an aged simplicity..and unbelievably captures the explorer spirit. It continues on from the Rolex Explorer 5504 where you could envisage that was used in land expeditions, with the 5512 Explorer taking it to the next dimension...underwater. Rolex even went further with the reported test model production run Space Dweller (1016??)..apparently still with the 3, 6, and 9 marker.

And this to me illustrates the justification for Reps and homages....why should such style, beauty and our history be only for those that are able to afford values beyond the means on even moderately wealthy people.....

Ahh...it is just a beautiful watch!!!
          at that point you 're right and then for even less than 30k you can get a nice 5512 explorer Franken

Comment

Originally posted by Erinoush View Post

at that point you 're right and then for even less than 30k you can get a nice 5512 explorer Franken
            I’d have the gen in a safety deposit box and just wear the fraken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Speedy Pre Moon and if any change left a four-digit Sub.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Interesting post with plenty of knowledgable people here!

I'd go for a Vacheron Constantin or Audemars Piguet perpetual calendar, you can not go wrong with these and would end never selling them for the pleasure of gifting to your younger generations...

Comment

Originally posted by Dino2018 View Post

I'd go for a Vacheron Constantin or Audemars Piguet perpetual calendar, you can not go wrong with these and would end never selling them for the pleasure of gifting to your younger generations...

QP FTW! or a universal tri compax

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
                    Speedy Pre Moon and if any change left a four-digit Sub.
                    Pre moon on my list

Comment

Originally posted by Dino2018 View Post

Pure class

Comment

Working...
                      X