• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 Matte Dial - Milk Case / VN / Swiss ETA Build

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hey guys, just wanted to share another build I've recently completed - this time for a friend of mine.

Again we're looking at a 5513, only this time he specifically requested a matte dial build.

We went with the Milky 5513 case set, plus crown + tube. Highly recommend these as excellent options for any 5512 / 5513 / 1680 builds!

Dial & hands are VN and relumed by our very own Tripdog - his work, as always, is excellent.. The lume texture & color are both phenomenal and really ties the build together.

Crystal is from Classic Watch Repair based in HK. Pricey alternative to Clarks but imo substantially better, and still cheaper than other HQ alternatives such as TrueDome

The movement is an old Swiss 2846 which was fully serviced as it was in somewhat neglected condition on arrival.

The final touch is the insert from Phong.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics !

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Loving it

jOhiyS.jpg

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Hey man,
It is my obligation to jump in here. Very nice build.
I see you are also not touching the crownguards.
I really like the shape but I think the transition between the brushed top and the polished side part is too hard.
Maybe there is not too much work to make a more fluent transition.
Especially if you think that these are 50 year old watches that have seen more than one polish mop.
670b983f2459276b88d5ec59494fe93b.jpg

I haven’t touched mine as well.
Mine says hi:

AF_FNQ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10
Both fine looking watches, and can't help but think that a leather strap on an aged 5512/3 is just the greatest look...seems to tell a story of a hard honest working life, slipping into casual retirement. And the jubilee bracelet posted is just an awesome look as well!

I am collecting the parts for a build, and posts like these give great ideas as to what can be achieved...and good insight as to direction to take.

Cheers