• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dsn blancpain build self aging complete!

Kr guy

Renowned Member
8/4/19
In your heart
Hi its been awhile since i wear my dsn fifty fathoms but at some point i started to get bored of it so i decided to age it!!
i used balsamic vinigar on both dial and hands and slightly burnt it with lighter
and it turned out like this!!
hope you guys enjoy
Before and after!

kayand2

Looking Around
17/8/21
You should have sold it. These are rare pieces. Now it is just wasted. But it is yours and you are free to do what you want to do with your watch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Please, Lord, save those who don't have a clue what they are doing. Here's a lost soul who really fucked up royally, and that's coming from one of the strongest advocates of patina.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
That's not aged, patina? It looks like it's been in a 3 alarm fire. Why in the heck would anyone do this on purpose? It's just completely destroyed, what a waste, seriously what possessed the OP?

Reactions: Hesekiel

Kr guy

Renowned Member
8/4/19
In your heart
That's not aged, patina? It looks like it's been in a 3 alarm fire. Why in the heck would anyone do this on purpose? It's just completely destroyed, what a waste, seriously what possessed the OP?

Hm i just wanted a new look thats it

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I can't say I like the end result but as long as OP is happy with it then I guess it's fine. At least it'll be going towards learning the do's and dont's for future projects. Blasamic vinegar is a don't imho :D

Reactions: Kr guy

Kr guy

Renowned Member
8/4/19
In your heart
I can't say I like the end result but as long as OP is happy with it then I guess it's fine. At least it'll be going towards learning the do's and dont's for future projects. Blasamic vinegar is a don't imho :D

Will practice more! Thank you for your kind words