• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6610 custom build

freebalkany

24/8/21
looks absolutely stunning, is that the ebay bezel ? mine fitted pefectly the crystal there was no need for dremeling it but tolerance may not be that great lol

Btw I received my last raffles order and he has a new oyster case supplier, they are really quite bad compared to the previous ones we had... massive lugs, fat caseback etc... for anyone wanting to build the same watch maybe you should consider case reshapping or finding another supplier...

Hey there,
Yes that's the ebay bezel you mentioned last time. Thanks for the link BTW.
I'm using tropic t21 crystal and it definitely did not fit without reworking it with the dremel. I actually shattered the first crystal trying to fit it.

Concerning the raffle oyster case, I don't know which model I have since it's my first one. Do you see any differences between yours and mine?
I also noticed he has a new 6538 case, which I have to say is quite tempting.

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
Hey there,
Yes that's the ebay bezel you mentioned last time. Thanks for the link BTW.
I'm using tropic t21 crystal and it definitely did not fit without reworking it with the dremel. I actually shattered the first crystal trying to fit it.

Concerning the raffle oyster case, I don't know which model I have since it's my first one. Do you see any differences between yours and mine?
I also noticed he has a new 6538 case, which I have to say is quite tempting.

yeah the T21 has a larger outer diameter, that bezel is made for the 25-135 crystal and then you have to sand off the cyclops but thats easy job,
regarding the case I think we have the same, 36mm oyster case for 2824 with lug holes, just be aware that if you order one now you won't get the same as you have unfortunately...
btw Im building another 1016 with cartier dial from old raffles parts + the ebay bezel, I might post some pics if you want

Niko1U

Horology Curious
25/1/21
Germany
Btw I received my last raffles order and he has a new oyster case supplier, they are really quite bad compared to the previous ones we had... massive lugs, fat caseback etc... for anyone wanting to build the same watch maybe you should consider case reshapping or finding another supplier...

can you post some pictures of the case, so we know how it looks now?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
freebalkany nice job on the build. the aged lume looks great.. be sure to do the hands to match as well and it will be a great daily!!

jQLEgL.jpg

freebalkany

24/8/21
freebalkany nice job on the build. the aged lume looks great.. be sure to do the hands to match as well and it will be a great daily!!

jQLEgL.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I think the build will stay like that for now. Maybe in the future, I will relume the hands (I will need practice for that) or even buy a better 1016 dial and hand set.

Otherwise, the watch has been working great so far. I'm loosing roughly 1 minute a week. The bracelet came apart once and I had to remove all the link screws and secure everything with loctite. The watch is also fairly water resistant, I can do everything with it without any fogging.

It actually has become my daily driver.

Otherwise I have another project in the pipe. I got my hands on a gen 5500 case. I also have a gen air king dial on the way as well as an ETA 2770. I might create another post for this new project.

Cloudsnew1

Known Member
16/7/21
Canada
@freebalkany What was your thinking regarding aging the bracelet? Worth it. I have a rivet bracelet and trying to think about the extent of aging to apply to it.

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
yeah the T21 has a larger outer diameter, that bezel is made for the 25-135 crystal and then you have to sand off the cyclops but thats easy job,
regarding the case I think we have the same, 36mm oyster case for 2824 with lug holes, just be aware that if you order one now you won't get the same as you have unfortunately...
btw Im building another 1016 with cartier dial from old raffles parts + the ebay bezel, I might post some pics if you want
Hey do you know what happened with the raffles case that changed? I had a suspicion but wanted to see if someone had confirmed there had been updates…

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Hey do you know what happened with the raffles case that changed? I had a suspicion but wanted to see if someone had confirmed there had been updates…
Nothing. The case comes originally with a gasket and sapphire crystal and fitting a acrylic with a larger diameter will require modification