• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC perpetual calendar

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just looked at the rep pictures on Trusty and compared it to genuine. It appears from the rep pictures that there is only one pusher button on the side of the case on the left side. The genuine has two pusher buttons on both sides of the case.

In other words, the rep has 3 pusher buttons, is missing one at the 10 o'clock position on the side of the case. The gen has 4 pusher buttons, 2 on each side of case. This is a big deal to me, since from the exterior this would be noticeable almost immediately.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Just looked at the rep pictures on Trusty and compared it to genuine. It appears from the rep pictures that there is only one pusher button on the side of the case on the left side. The genuine has two pusher buttons on both sides of the case.

In other words, the rep has 3 pusher buttons, is missing one at the 10 o'clock position on the side of the case. The gen has 4 pusher buttons, 2 on each side of case. This is a big deal to me, since from the exterior this would be noticeable almost immediately.

Noticeable by whom?

You, a watch enthousiaste, had to check on VC website…. Nobody knows how many buttons are on the side of a perpetual VC buddy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: aqmatthews

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Noticeable by whom?

You, a watch enthousiaste, had to check on VC website…. Nobody knows how many buttons are on the side of a perpetual VC buddy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it is of my concern so I point it out for others to see and make their own opinion. Perhaps someone else does care about this as I do, and now they can make a better judgment of getting this piece or not. I value everyone's input to this forum, if they help to point out something I don't see I am appreciative.

You are most definitely correct that likely no one will realize it or notice this pusher flaw, but I don't think it should be held against me that I noticed this and point it out for the community.

aqmatthews

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/21
Some brands better handle leap year by putting a separate four segment indicator on the back, which makes sense, no reason to clutter the dial with something mainly used when setting the watch.
There are three pushers, if the day indicator is just geared to the hour, one of the others may change moon phase.
I'm assuming all three need to be manually adjusted each day.

just checked with my TD and he confirms the moon phase does not work. Was looking to buy the ZF fifty six complete calendar but I think I’m gonna get the grey dial in this one it looks amazing.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Guys, sorry to spoil the party but thickness is also an issue. 8.3mm for gen 11mm for rep. Hmm...

Reactions: gbfitzger

Booonin

2/9/18
My TD does not recommend to buy the model, says that watches with complex mechanics are tend to be bad

aqmatthews

3/6/21
Placed my order for the grey and white dial. Will share QC PICS when I approve them. Does anyone know the size and dimensions of the strap. I want to order some some straps before the watch arrives. Is the following picture accurate:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Sead's been waiting since end of October for them to send him one to sell me.

Nutforwatches

5/2/21
Update. After being patient I received an email from Andrew saying that the factory cannot supply this watch. Has anyone successfully gotten at least QC pictures?

Nutforwatches

5/2/21
I’m not sure this will be produced. Just speculating here but the pictures were from the factory not from the distributor. Maybe it was a trial balloon to gauge demand?? Really a grail for a bunch of in the know watch people