• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4500V Rep

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Does any TD or factory sell a good 4500v rep? I've only ever bought from PT and they don't have anything. It seems like that could be a huge seller if someone took it on.

Ninjadogg

Looking Around
12/6/18
USA
I totally agree! I would love to see the 4500v. Don’t get me wrong, the ultra thin 2000v looks awesome but a two hander just isn’t my jam.

Ninjadogg

Looking Around
12/6/18
USA
Looks like BP made one a few years back, but that seems like a lifetime ago versus current reps. Am I wrong? Would love to hear some more experienced member’s two cents.

dender93

Horology Curious
18/1/21
I own the 4500v made by BP factory and have to say it's a great rep, definitely the best 4500v available as of now. Each version has its own flaws, but I own the white dial version which is close to gen except the dial markers on the gen are not smoked and are darker, which makes quite a big difference, but otherwise very good quality. It does have a Miyota 9015 movement, which is very reliable but also unidirectional, makes a ton of noise (I also had an AP 15202IP with a Miyota 9015 that I ended up selling because of it). The movement rotor is silenceable, I've silenced mine (sent it to a fellow forum member who did it for me). It is by far my favorite watch in my collection and probably the only watch I have that I am certain I will never sell. I just ordered a gen rubber strap from an AD an awaiting delivery.

Reactions: prtscn

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I own the 4500v made by BP factory and have to say it's a great rep, definitely the best 4500v available as of now. Each version has its own flaws, but I own the white dial version which is close to gen except the dial markers on the gen are not smoked and are darker, which makes quite a big difference, but otherwise very good quality. It does have a Miyota 9015 movement, which is very reliable but also unidirectional, makes a ton of noise (I also had an AP 15202IP with a Miyota 9015 that I ended up selling because of it). The movement rotor is silenceable, I've silenced mine (sent it to a fellow forum member who did it for me). It is by far my favorite watch in my collection and probably the only watch I have that I am certain I will never sell. I just ordered a gen rubber strap from an AD an awaiting delivery.

Thanks for adding your voice. I've been eyeballing the brown dial version. I'm just not sure how close to gen it will be. I think copying the burst with such a rich color will be tricky.

Ninjadogg

Looking Around
12/6/18
USA
Indeed. Thanks for your input dender93. I don't understand why V8F just released another version of 2000v when the 4500v is in need of an update and I'm sure there would be a ton of interest in it. Hopefully, another factory will take it on soon. Fingers crossed.

dender93

Horology Curious
18/1/21
You're welcome guys. I think I share your feeling, my ultimate dream would be made true if VSF made the 4500v (specially the black dial). But I couldn't emphasize more that the BPF version, although introduced now years ago, is top-notch and I would not dismiss it!

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
You're welcome guys. I think I share your feeling, my ultimate dream would be made true if VSF made the 4500v (specially the black dial). But I couldn't emphasize more that the BPF version, although introduced now years ago, is top-notch and I would not dismiss it!

you can start by buying the gen black dial over here. i found it while looking for a cal. 1120 for the 2000v.