• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

8F Overseas 5500V

Mike Jang

Horology Curious
18/11/20
Is there anyone who can compare the subdials' spacing between Gen dial and Rep one?
I've got Gen dials for a long time waiting for a rep watch to be a base for it, no rep yet sadly.
I bet 8F 5500V takes 7750 mod movement, pretty sure the subdials won't fit the Gen dial.

Or would be there any other movement that fit Gen dial's subdial spacing? such as Val23, st19, Landeron or whatever? Manual movement is also okay if I can install my gen dials into a case with a movement that fits.

Reactions: Nono92

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Has anyone purchased? Unable to find on any TD site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
What kind of update are you looking for?
Send the biao link to Sead, and if it's available he'll get it for you.

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
I ordered a blue dial and hopefully will franken it with a silver dial.

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21

Just in case, gen 5500v steel with silver dial has smoked/darkened hands and indices as opposed to the bright silver on the blue dial, so if there's still time it might be best to try to change your order to a 8f silver dial. Or you can try a gen black reverse panda dial, easier to source than gen blue dials and have the same hands as blue.

Let us know how you get on with the franken, I know I've been considering this myself.

Good luck

rorix

Horology Curious
4/10/19
Good catch! I’ll switch it over to a silver dial and find a watchsmith who would be interested in doing the project.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Would you be plz show us some pics
as well as share your initial impressions of the watch prior to modding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cpudgar