• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Self winding by ZF

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
Hello everybody!
Got my first rep from a TD found here on the forum.
Personally I'm very satisfied with the watch and I can't find any of the issues altaylar1 is talking about (but I'm very noob indeed).

I've red that the myota movement is only clockwise winding. Is it the same also in the gen?

I'm also searching for a strap replacement but can't find anything interesting at an affordable price on the web!

Cheers
ZvYDki.jpg

Use it in good health mate

Testing my watch more, I believe I found the reason of the accuracy. It is actually not about the position, but self winding. The oscilating weight is a little too light, failing to wind the watch properly. So as the time passes it starts to lag behind. I believe I will use it as hand winding watch.

The other issue I was mentioning is that the colour of the lume. I can see that yours is also very yellow, it really is an instant tell to say its a rep. Look at the picture of @pistebasher it is perfectly white on his, while ours looks like vintage inspired watches with yellowish lume.

Last edited:
Reactions: pistebasher

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Thanks a lot mate,
Okay that was my mistake, the lumes are perfectly white on your gen, and also looks quite white ony our rep.
So I guess some reps have it white, some have it more yellowish like Omega 300M

I think a lot of it is also the hue of the indoor light. Take a photo of a white object under yellow light and it looks yellow.

Heterodoxa

Looking Around
12/3/21
Frankly speaking I really can't find any yellow nuance on the lumes.
This is my first replica and to me the two major issues I've found are the rotor that is quite noisy and the fact that when I tap on the watch it doesn't seem to have a solid structure but it has a "scrap metal" sound. Don't know how to explain it better, I hope to get the idea!

Last edited:

JustASec123

Looking Around
10/8/19
I just received my ZF VC Fiftysix blue and the biggest issue I can find is that the crown does not sit flush with the case. Looking through this thread it seems like that may be common on these or am I mistaken?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I just ordered this and now want to get a custom strap made.

To my understanding the lugs are 20 mm. Does anyone know the measurements of the clasp?

Also, since this is a quick release mechanism I think I need to order a shorter strap then for normal watches?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I just ordered this and now want to get a custom strap made.

To my understanding the lugs are 20 mm. Does anyone know the measurements of the clasp?

Also, since this is a quick release mechanism I think I need to order a shorter strap then for normal watches?

It comes with a deployant clasp which does not mean you order it any smaller than normal. If the rep strap fits well, order the same again. No need to get a custom strap made really, it's a very standard strap that you can order from multiple sources. I got a 20mm blue croc from Camille Fournet. :)

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
It comes with a deployant clasp which does not mean you order it any smaller than normal. If the rep strap fits well, order the same again. No need to get a custom strap made really, it's a very standard strap that you can order from multiple sources. I got a 20mm blue croc from Camille Fournet. :)

ah that makes sense. thank you!

could you do me a solid and tell me the measurements of lugs and clasp? I think lugs should be 20 mm?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
ah that makes sense. thank you!

could you do me a solid and tell me the measurements of lugs and clasp? I think lugs should be 20 mm?

Certainly. It's 20mm at the lugs and 18mm at the clasp.

Reactions: Cheeps

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I was lucky enough to snag another gen dial, this time in much better condition. Progress is slow with this build as most watchsmiths have a long queue these days.

jHLlks.jpg

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
I revive this thread, but I am in love with this model. From what I've seen, ZF is still the only option.

I wanted to ask about the dial and numbers. As far as I have seen the original watch has the numbers, markers and logo with a significant rise on the dial:

1810219.png.transform.vacprodzoom.png

How do you evaluate this aspect of the rep? Especially those of you who have it.

On the other hand, I have seen that the Miyota 9015 mechanism gave a lot of problems in the Complete Calendar, the rotor gets stuck. Have you experienced this problem in this model, which also uses the Miyota 9015?

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
The ZF-version of the Fiftysix isn't available any more. My TD offered me the rep from GR. Never heard of that factory.

Does anyone have the GR-model and can share the experience?

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
The ZF-version of the Fiftysix isn't available any more. My TD offered me the rep from GR. Never heard of that factory.

Does anyone have the GR-model and can share the experience?
GR is gross. The date window is wrong. Try and get one from MXF.

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I'm looking for this one. Is GR's version of this also a no-go?

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I'm looking for this one. Is GR's version of this also a no-go?

Not alot of info on that variant from GR but I would still steer clear.

Hint : look at the crown on the pics I showed you

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Thx. Yes, case shape is wrong.

So, will wait for one to appear in M2M sale then.