• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

ScarletT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/20
United Kingdom
Oke guys, looks like like is on my side this year as i have got the watch ahead of estimated time of arrival. So starting the work on the strap today.

Watch is great, definitely will be keeping beyond the strap project. Hands, dial, crystal and of course the thin-ness makes it so cool. The bracelet is a let down though. Reminded me of my first 15400 rep that i got back in 2014. Hair pulling and pretty rough surfaces overall. Luckily there will be a strap available soon :)

20612689118c2601d25dbfedd973d969.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Do you have an ETA on the leather strap?

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
according to Vacheron, the leather and rubber straps for the 2000V actually use a pin buckle rather than a folding clasp like on the other Overseas models, because it would be considered too bulky for such a thin watch. Not sure if it matters, but thought you might want to know the info SMP_lover

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
according to Vacheron, the leather and rubber straps for the 2000V actually use a pin buckle rather than a folding clasp like on the other Overseas models, because it would be considered too bulky for such a thin watch. Not sure if it matters, but thought you might want to know the info SMP_lover
Thanks for heads up. But it doesn't change much since they're interchangeable, deployant and tang.

By the way, i'll be starting the prototype strap sometime next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
By the way, i'll be starting the prototype strap sometime next week.

Really looking forward to it, my 2000V will be arriving today, going to order a gen rubber strap for it too. Hopefully the leather strap you make can be in the dark grey colour to complete the set.

dender93

Horology Curious
18/1/21
Hey guys I own a 4500v, would this custom made strap that you are discussing for the 2000v fit the 4500v? I already got a quote from an AD for a gen rubber strap for a whopping EUR 360... would rather explore alternatives

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
The straps for the 2000V are much thinner than for the 4500V, just like the bracelet is thinner. I think it would fit, but not look good at all. But I remember seeing places sell the leather strap for the 4500V for relatively cheap. Think DHGate might be your best bet for it

madex

19/7/18
Really looking forward to it, my 2000V will be arriving today, going to order a gen rubber strap for it too. Hopefully the leather strap you make can be in the dark grey colour to complete the set.
Where can you buy the gen rubber strap?

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

Got pics? I ordered from Puretime, but they shut everything down early, so I'm going to be waiting a while.

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Has anyone managed to get into the rotor?! I’m trying to quiet this one down and the deco plate has so far refused to give up its secrets.

The screw on top isn’t real as far as I can tell. How do you open this thing?!

ed5d720651d652a3a53c527b537ee7d6.jpg

Reactions: LeBron

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
The top piece at the centre is entirely faux. It is glued on. You can remove it carefully with a sharp tool (i.e. small screwdriver), lift it up and the regular three screws of the 9015 rotor will be revealed.

Reactions: Tickleshoes

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
The flat VC cross is incredibly ugly and is an instant tell. No need to see the genuine watch to know, VC would never make something that plain and rough.
ZPTdi8.jpg

Here is the cross on my gen FiftySix. The only instant tell here is that someone says something factually incorrect and it becomes an oft repeated "truth" throughout the rest of the discussion.

Last edited:

duynguyenuk

Horology Curious
2/11/20
The top piece at the centre is entirely faux. It is glued on. You can remove it carefully with a sharp tool (i.e. small screwdriver), lift it up and the regular three screws of the 9015 rotor will be revealed.

After silenced the rotor, do I need to glued the top piece again?

Last edited:

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom
ZPTdi8.jpg

Here is the cross on my gen FiftySix. The only instant tell here is that someone says something factually incorrect and it becomes an oft repeated "truth" throughout the rest of the discussion.

loooool, not to mention even if it was a bit flatter than gen, as if you or anyone else would notice that on the wrist or even looking at it normally. Need a macro lens to compare.
People love hating on the tiniest details lol

Reactions: tdk1010

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
loooool, not to mention even if it was a bit flatter than gen, as if you or anyone else would notice that on the wrist or even looking at it normally. Need a macro lens to compare.
People love hating on the tiniest details lol

Haha. I agree. It’s not like any of the ones moaning have the gen, in which case you COULD give them the benefit of the doubt and say well maybe his eyes are used to seeing a particular gen dial and therefore he wants the rep to look as close as possible. As you say, people want to hate their watches and will dedicate hours of their lives digging into the tiniest of details to prove to themselves their reps are bad

Reactions: tdk1010