• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

jcguo0516

4/12/18
damn bro, this actually look clean, my wallet is itch, hahhahh

I should also post some photos of my new acquisition. Very impressed with this model. It's restored my faith in reps as I was disappointed with the factories abilities to make versions that were 1:1 thickness as gens. This comes pretty darn close.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cimpago

Horology Curious
16/12/20
Italy
Hello from Italy guys, I´m new here, but I was already following you. I bought the 2000v Overseas as well and I´m really happy, I´m even thinking to buy a Vacheron calibre 1121 and if I found someone here would like to franken it. What do you think, does it make sense? I´m new to replicas. If you could help me I would appreciate it.
I don´t even know if it fits in the case of 2000V (but I think it should fit) and if someone can make it happen.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Giovanni

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Hello from Italy guys, I´m new here, but I was already following you. I bought the 2000v Overseas as well and I´m really happy, I´m even thinking to buy a Vacheron calibre 1121 and if I found someone here would like to franken it. What do you think, does it make sense? I´m new to replicas. If you could help me I would appreciate it.
I don´t even know if it fits in the case of 2000V (but I think it should fit) and if someone can make it happen.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Giovanni

A 1121 looks the same diameter but a bit thinner than the miyota 9015 - it will have different crown height so potentially you'd need new taller pinions (if they exist) plus you will need hands to fit this movement as the ones in the rep are for miyota. I'd leave as is if I were you :)

Last edited:

cimpago

Horology Curious
16/12/20
Italy
Thanks Parto, then you think it will be difficult to realize, but I think a good modder would be able to do it. The hands so far I know can be modified. As I said I´m not an expert, but if someone knows a good modder to get in touch with please let me know. I would like to know your opinion about this project as well, I think the 1121 calibre will look nice through the back glass of the 2000V. Let me know. Thank you

Reactions: Nenodm

Nenodm

Horology Curious
19/10/18
Thanks Parto, then you think it will be difficult to realize, but I think a good modder would be able to do it. The hands so far I know can be modified. As I said I´m not an expert, but if someone knows a good modder to get in touch with please let me know. I would like to know your opinion about this project as well, I think the 1121 calibre will look nice through the back glass of the 2000V. Let me know. Thank you

Let us know if/when you make it

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Ordering a XF Overseas 2000V gray dial today. I’m hoping for a XF Overseas 4500V blue or black dial release in the near future.

myvacheron972

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/21
Hi guy,

Can someone help me to quiet the rotor noise. it is annoying and the watch is unwearable. i wanted a replica not a spinner.. https://streamable.com/vjsy2a
From what i heard from a TD, all the watch out of XF makes that noise.. does yours do that to ?

how can i fix ? is there a process to do fix it carefully ?

many thanks,

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
There are a few threads on reducing the noise from a miyota 9015 - I use moebius 8200 which works well for me.

myvacheron972

Banned
2/1/21
Thank you, i will check i out, Does it reduced the noise completely with the moebius 8200 ?

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Thank you, i will check i out, Does it reduced the noise completely with the moebius 8200 ?

I have a gen Vacheron and it makes a moderately loud but smooth whizzing noise in the rotor. This is normal on the gen. On the reps I’ve noticed it does the same but it’s more of an unrefined grinding type noise which is bad to listen to. The goal is not to truly silence the rotor but to just have it spin freely and smoothly with a gen like soft sound.

myvacheron972

Banned
2/1/21
I have a gen Vacheron and it makes a moderately loud but smooth whizzing noise in the rotor. This is normal on the gen. On the reps I’ve noticed it does the same but it’s more of an unrefined grinding type noise which is bad to listen to. The goal is not to truly silence the rotor but to just have it spin freely and smoothly with a gen like soft sound.

Hello,

thank you for your response.

Can you post a video off the noise of the gen ?

thank you

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I ordered this from m TD but it was a QC reject because of misaligned 12 o’clock numerals. Waiting on new QC pics

duynguyenuk

Horology Curious
2/11/20
I ordered this from m TD but it was a QC reject because of misaligned 12 o’clock numerals. Waiting on new QC pics

Can you post the misaligned 12 o'clock numeral photo ? I'm new to rep world and waiting for QC pic from a TD

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Oke guys, looks like like is on my side this year as i have got the watch ahead of estimated time of arrival. So starting the work on the strap today.

Watch is great, definitely will be keeping beyond the strap project. Hands, dial, crystal and of course the thin-ness makes it so cool. The bracelet is a let down though. Reminded me of my first 15400 rep that i got back in 2014. Hair pulling and pretty rough surfaces overall. Luckily there will be a strap available soon :)

20612689118c2601d25dbfedd973d969.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Oke guys, looks like like is on my side this year as i have got the watch ahead of estimated time of arrival. So starting the work on the strap today.

Watch is great, definitely will be keeping beyond the strap project. Hands, dial, crystal and of course the thin-ness makes it so cool. The bracelet is a let down though. Reminded me of my first 15400 rep that i got back in 2014. Hair pulling and pretty rough surfaces overall. Luckily there will be a strap available soon :)

Watching eagerly, I might get the leather. Even my XF AP 15202 bracelet had the same issues with rough edges and hair pulling (ended up sanding it).

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

That's strange, my bracelet is amazing, best i've had on a rep. Maybe the last batches are worse