• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

iowataro

Looking Around
10/7/20
Hi, I'm new and this was my first experience own rep. I received v2000 today and tried hand wind 10 - 15 times.
Suddenly the rotor and crown rotayed backward automatically and continued rotation about 20sec. I've never experienced this phenomenon before by authentic watch but is this a usual thing for rep or v2000?

I couldn't find this kind of topic in other forum so I just posted here. Im not sure this is my unique happening or major thing.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Make sure you are winding it clockwise, the miyota is unidirectional so will unwind if done the wrong way (I think)

iowataro

Looking Around
10/7/20
Make sure you are winding it clockwise, the miyota is unidirectional so will unwind if done the wrong way (I think)

Thank you, Parto. But I'm quite sure I wound clockwise. I may wound too much...? ( it may already fully wound since delivery on a shaky road )

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
You can't overwind an automatic watch. It sounds like it needs some attention from a watchmaker. In the first instance I'd reach out to your TD and let them know the issue with the watch.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I'm loving my one. I would pay a decent chunk of change for a rubber and a leather strap with the quick release like gen.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
I'm loving my one. I would pay a decent chunk of change for a rubber and a leather strap with the quick release like gen.

Benmilesbc Yes same here for an alligator - but what colour would you go for ? The gen comes with a grey one, but I'm wondering whether black or blue would also work ?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I would rather have a grey one to match the dial also. Black would be my next choice. I don't think blue straps work with this colour dial.

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Did anyone order the blue dial? I’d be keen to see what that’s like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I'm enjoying my XF 2000V. Probably my most worn watch! I would love to have a charcoal croc strap to go with the bracelet. I'm not bothered about it being "quick release" as you can simply unscrew the link bar in the XF. The 2000V is a very slim watch so needs a slim strap of the right thickness. Would anyone else with this watch be interested in such a strap? Maybe if enough of us are, it could be a project one of the forum's strap maistros might consider taking on.

Reactions: Fergulator72

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
I'm enjoying my XF 2000V. Probably my most worn watch! I would love to have a charcoal croc strap to go with the bracelet. I'm not bothered about it being "quick release" as you can simply unscrew the link bar in the XF. The 2000V is a very slim watch so needs a slim strap of the right thickness. Would anyone else with this watch be interested in such a strap? Maybe if enough of us are, it could be a project one of the forum's strap maistros might consider taking on.

Yes I would also be interested in grey/charcoal.

pistebasher very interested to hear that the linkbar can be unscrewed in the XF. I wasn't aware of this.
Do you have any pictures of yours with the linkbar off. I would like to try this for myself. Used VC straps are easily available on ebay but the quick release ones are like hens teeth.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Yes I would also be interested in grey/charcoal.

pistebasher very interested to hear that the linkbar can be unscrewed in the XF. I wasn't aware of this.
Do you have any pictures of yours with the linkbar off. I would like to try this for myself. Used VC straps are easily available on ebay but the quick release ones are like hens teeth.
Thanks in advance.

Here is a photo with the link bar unscrewed

Z3xg4k.jpg

It is very easy and smooth to remove. Keep in mind the straps on eBay are usually for thicker overseas models and the strap may not align correctly from top-to-bottom even if the lug width is correct. :)

Remborader

Known Member
2/11/19
UK
Thinking about one of these due look and thickness. Is the xf bracelet of good quality?

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Thinking about one of these due look and thickness. Is the xf bracelet of good quality?
Yes in my opinion good quality except that the link screws are not good quality possibly from the need to be such a thin diameter.

Reactions: Remborader

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10

with the quick release i believe your only option is oem VC strap

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
No pictures taken, I'm afraid. But then again, the process is very simple and easy to do. Check other miyota 9015 rotor removal tutorials for further reference.

Haha, I finally got the ball to open the case and do this today with my other VC. Just wanna let you know that it is an easy success :)

Last edited: