• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Overseas Ultra Thin 2000V is OUT!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
The quick release strap on gen just snaps into a regular screw post. There's a bit of engineering finesse that goes into the execution of how well the strap comes off and is put on, but they have nailed it with this bracelet vs BP factory. They just need to make a rubber strap and put the same release mechanism on their strap.

However, this watch is absolutely stunning.

completely agree with you, it's on another level as a rep

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Finally received mine while it was already waiting for me for weeks in another country.

I just say that I'm easily overwhelmed by it and I'm really fond of what XF did. Impressed!

The strap even got its bilateral micro adjustment capabilities it is supposed to have in addition to the quick release. Sweet!

Reactions: vcappp

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Got mine last week as well, some notes:
- VC cross is actually not bad in person
- The watch is incredibly thin, feels way thinner on the wrist than the XF AP RO 15202 that I have.
- Movement is super noisy, never aware of this issue with the XF 15202 as legend smoothed it out for me. I should have done that with this one as well.

Overall feeling, to be honest, it doesn't feel a million bucks like the BP Overseas 4500v white dial that I used to have. Even with all the flaws, BP kinda knows how to make it feels gen like for some reason.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Got mine last week as well, some notes:
- VC cross is actually not bad in person
- The watch is incredibly thin, feels way thinner on the wrist than the XF AP RO 15202 that I have.
- Movement is super noisy, never aware of this issue with the XF 15202 as legend smoothed it out for me. I should have done that with this one as well.

Overall feeling, to be honest, it doesn't feel a million bucks like the BP Overseas 4500v white dial that I used to have. Even with all the flaws, BP kinda knows how to make it feels gen like for some reason.

Have never held the BP in hand but this XF to me feels very gen like.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Any more real life pics guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Have never held the BP in hand but this XF to me feels very gen like.

Just a personal opinion man. We all have different exposure and experience.
There's something rather ordinary about that sunburst dial, it reflects the light in a simple one-dimensional way, just like any other sunburst dial of any makers. The BP white dial (or the gen dial posted here) is a bit more 3D, more grainy, more complicated in colors.

ZF does a really good job on the FiftySix as well, love it at every angle. But hey, if you are enjoying it, don't read negative things lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: cap923 and vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Just a personal opinion man. We all have different exposure and experience.
There's something rather ordinary about that sunburst dial, it reflects the light in a simple one-dimensional way, just like any other sunburst dial of any makers. The BP white dial (or the gen dial posted here) is a bit more 3D, more grainy, more complicated in colors.

ZF does a really good job on the FiftySix as well, love it at every angle. But hey, if you are enjoying it, don't read negative things lol.

no, of course, was not meant to be an aggressive retort, I just found it weird as out of all my reps I think this is at the top in terms of gen-feeling as it is super thin, has no sharp angles anywhere, and brushing and polishing are done to perfection. I used to own a JF 15400 V2J and this one easily surpasses it. It's on par with my VSF Seamaster Aqua Terra or my Noob 116519ln.

But as you said we all have different tastes and experiences, gen-like can mean many different things.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I received mine today. Since there are already many pics of the watch posted I will not post mine. But I will say a few things others who have received this watch have not mentioned yet.

Firstly, as previously mentioned the Vacheron logo being flat is absolutely nothing to worry about because in reality it is so small that you can't really see any detail. In fact, the logo and the wording is so small that even at about 30-40cm distance you can't really make out the individual words.

Secondly, the lume execution on this watch is perfect. Unlike XF RO 15202 the lume is pure white and remains pure white under natural light. The charged lume colour in the dark is also the correct blue hue. I personally always had reservations about wearing the XF RO 15202 out during the day because of the lume issue but I would absolutely wear this watch anywhere during the day.

Importantly, I don't know if its just my piece but the rotor noise on this watch is loud. VERY loud. I have bought many rep watches in my time but this watch is by far the noisiest. Something about the acoustics of the case design seems to amplify the rotor noise. Just a single turn of the rotor is loud enough to be heard from wrist distance in a quiet room. Just a little twist of the wrist at the right angle and the rotor goes into a free-spin that lasts 5-10 seconds and it is noticeably loud. Probably not an ideal watch for board-room meetings.

In my opinion, the bracelet design of Vacheron Overseas watches are at another level from RO or Natuilus. It is more robust but feels more flexible and comfortable at the same time. It is also more refined-looking. Hidonkee in his review of this (gen) watch likened it to that of a snake-skin wrapping around your wrist. Compared to this watch, the XF 15202 bracelet feels like a cheap piece of metal. XF even replicated the instant micro adjustment mechanism. However, this all depends on every part of the bracelet functioning as designed. Regrettably, on the watch that I received a couple of joints on the bracelet are stiffer than the rest and this detracts from the snake-like experience. It is not a lubricarion issue but a manufacturing one. But of course, this is not noticeable on the wrist.

In terms of case thickness, this watch is probably around the same thickness as XF RO 15202. However, because of the way the back case is designed it looks noticeably slimmer than the RO on the wrist.

Lastly, if you are going to adjust the bracelet yourself you need a very fine screw driver. Probably the finest screwdriver any professional tools store will sell. The grooves on the screw-heads are so thin (and fragile) that if you use any other sized screw-drivers you will probably end up damaging the screw and therefore not be able to adjust the bracelet. Also be warned that it is almost impossible to see the groves on the screw-head with the naked eye.

All that being said, I am still very impressed with the external replication of this watch. I personally feel that its a much better replica than the XF RO. The often mentioned (and subjective) gen-like feel is much more prevalent on this watch than the RO. Something about the thinness and the way it reflects light gives it a very high quality feel to it (this is coming from a person who own a number of gen APs). I find it quite surprising that XF would make such an almost perfect replica (looks wise) as a V1. To me this is by far the best external replication of a higher-end Holy Trinity brand watch to date.

Last edited:

Diogo3Martins

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/1/20
Portugal
I received mine today. Since there are already many pics of the watch posted I will not post mine. But I will say a few things others who have received this watch have not mentioned yet.

Firstly, as previously mentioned the Vacheron logo being flat is absolutely nothing to worry about because in reality it is so small that you can't really see any detail. In fact, the logo and the wording is so small that even at about 30-40cm distance you can't really make out the individual words.

Secondly, the lume execution on this watch is perfect. Unlike XF RO 15202 the lume is pure white and remains pure white under natural light. The charged lume colour in the dark is also the correct blue hue. I personally always had reservations about wearing the XF RO 15202 out during the day because of the lume issue but I would absolutely wear this watch anywhere during the day.

Importantly, I don't know if its just my piece but the rotor noise on this watch is loud. VERY loud. I have bought many rep watches in my time but this watch is by far the noisiest. Something about the acoustics of the case design seems to amplify the rotor noise. Just a single turn of the rotor is loud enough to be heard from wrist distance in a quiet room. Just a little twist of the wrist at the right angle and the rotor goes into a free-spin that lasts 5-10 seconds and it is noticeably loud. Probably not an ideal watch for board-room meetings.

In my opinion, the bracelet design of Vacheron Overseas watches are at another level from RO or Natuilus. It is more robust but feels more flexible and comfortable at the same time. It is also more refined-looking. Hidonkee in his review of this (gen) watch likened it to that of a snake-skin wrapping around your wrist. Compared to this watch, the XF 15202 bracelet feels like a cheap piece of metal. XF even replicated the instant micro adjustment mechanism. However, this all depends on every part of the bracelet functioning as designed. Regrettably, on the watch that I received a couple of joints on the bracelet are stiffer than the rest and this detracts from the snake-like experience. It is not a lubricarion issue but a manufacturing one. But of course, this is not noticeable on the wrist.

In terms of case thickness, this watch is probably around the same thickness as XF RO 15202. However, because of the way the back case is designed it looks noticeably slimmer than the RO on the wrist.

Lastly, if you are going to adjust the bracelet yourself you need a very fine screw driver. Probably the finest screwdriver any professional tools store will sell. The grooves on the screw-heads are so thin (and fragile) that if you use any other sized screw-drivers you will probably end up damaging the screw and therefore not be able to adjust the bracelet. Also be warned that it is almost impossible to see the groves on the screw-head with the naked eye.

All that being said, I am still very impressed with the external replication of this watch. I personally feel that its a much better replica than the XF RO. The often mentioned (and subjective) gen-like feel is much more prevalent on this watch than the RO. Something about the thinness and the way it reflects light gives it a very high quality feel to it (this is coming from a person who own a number of gen APs). I find it quite surprising that XF would make such an almost perfect replica (looks wise) as a V1. To me this is by far the best external replication of a higher-end Holy Trinity brand watch to date.

Thanks Anadrol! So so useful. Lets hope that they can correct the noisy rotor in future versions. Do you know how much it costs to silence the rotor? And who would be the member to look for this task?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for bothering.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Thanks Anadrol! So so useful. Lets hope that they can correct the noisy rotor in future versions. Do you know how much it costs to silence the rotor? And who would be the member to look for this task?

Sorry mate. I'm not really into modding so I don't know.

Diogo3Martins

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/1/20
Portugal
Sorry mate. I'm not really into modding so I don't know.

No worries mate! Thank you anyway.
I was just wondering if it is possible to order the Overseas and then ship it to some member that is able to silence the rotor and then he can send it back to me. I will check other posts to see if this is possible.
Cheers

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
I can agree to the fact that the rotor is very noisy. In fact, it's the loudest I've ever encountered. I figured it should be somewhat easy to fix, since the movement is supposed to be based on the 9015 and with that, it's a rather easy fix.

I have not yet tried to do so, but for me it appears to be (maybe) harder to do since the rotor is installed in a different manner. It's not anchored on the center only, but placed on a rotating track in the outer diameter of the movement (as a ring) and - I don't know that because I lack the expertise - this might be the reason for the increased noisyness? We'll see.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
This is definitely possible. There are quite a number of people who do it. I just don't know anyone who does it in Europe. Check the XF RO 15202 forum. Quite a few people have posted pics of their modded watch there.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Completely concur with your assessment

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go.

Note the difference in finish and lume colour
xI0WD.jpg

xOzdL.jpg

xIbQk.jpg

About the same thickness as the XF RO 15202