• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon - Defying gravity in mysterious ways

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I hardly frequent the VC section but thank you and (ALL) your exceptional reviews! I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of us here at RWI but I really appreciate these comprehensive write ups with all different brands/models.

Keep up the great work sir and I'm looking forward to read more of them in the future.

PS - I'm still drooling over your PP Pilot :thumbup: (if you ever decide to sell you remember this guy!)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I hardly frequent the VC section but thank you and (ALL) your exceptional reviews! I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of a lot of us here at RWI but I really appreciate these comprehensive write ups with all different brands/models.

Keep up the great work sir and I'm looking forward to read more of them in the future.

PS - I'm still drooling over your PP Pilot :thumbup: (if you ever decide to sell you remember this guy!)

Thanks mate. Nice of you to say so.

I love the 5524G. I’m actually wearing it now after I got the crystal with AR it looks so gorgeous!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Billede-30-01-2020-10-34-52.jpg

This pic is fantastic.

When compared to gen, there are some significant differences, but this review is FANTASTIC.

It's a thick boy, and really the big cons to me on this are the chapter ring is not reflective, but just a painted gray, and the tourbillon cross is not as 'sharp'.

P2280061.jpg

But as you said - no one has a gen, but this is SO fantastic as a watch on its own.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
She's not my kind of girl, so all the more credit to you, for keeping me reading until the end of your excellent post.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Billede-30-01-2020-10-34-52.jpg

This pic is fantastic.

When compared to gen, there are some significant differences, but this review is FANTASTIC.

It's a thick boy, and really the big cons to me on this are the chapter ring is not reflective, but just a painted gray, and the tourbillon cross is not as 'sharp'.

P2280061.jpg

But as you said - no one has a gen, but this is SO fantastic as a watch on its own.

Thanks mate. You caught the essence of it. Correct about the chapter ring.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
She's not my kind of girl, so all the more credit to you, for keeping me reading until the end of your excellent post.

Nice to hear mate. My point is never to ‘sell’ a rep. As I have no interest in that. My focus is to make a good review and try to make it entertaining to read. Thanks for reading it even though it’s not your kind of watch.

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
jm_brc_7057 Thank you for the tag otherwise I would've missed it. This review is very detailed but doesn't lose sight of what this rep game is about! Good job reminding members to manage their expectations with tourbillons and appreciate these reps for what they are, rather than comparing them to the hundred-thousand-dollar gens.

I still lack a VC in my tourbillon collection. The VC Malte Tourbillon is too long for my wrist but this at 42mm is comparable with the ALS 1815 Tourbillon I guess?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 Thank you for the tag otherwise I would've missed it. This review is very detailed but doesn't lose sight of what this rep game is about! Good job reminding members to manage their expectations with tourbillons and appreciate these reps for what they are, rather than comparing them to the hundred-thousand-dollar gens.

I still lack a VC in my tourbillon collection. The VC Malte Tourbillon is too long for my wrist but this at 42mm is comparable with the ALS 1815 Tourbillon I guess?

Thanks mate. That's true. It's easy to loose sight of that. This watch is truly remarkable and i enjoy it a lot every time i wear it on special occasions. It's a masterpiece IMO. Although the case isn't much like the gen, but still it's beautiful and well made for the watch it is.

I would say the old ALS 1815 Tourbillon and this VC are pretty similar as the old 1815 Tourbillon also was 42mm like this. The new Version ALS 1815 tourby is 41mm but still they wear pretty similar.

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
I would say the old ALS 1815 Tourbillon and this VC are pretty similar as the old 1815 Tourbillon also was 42mm like this.

Thanks for the confirmation. Time to choose the colour and allocation. Allocation of which month to take the hit :lol:

kirkanos

Horology Curious
27/8/18
First off, thank you for writing your reviews. It is very refreshing to see them for less common watches. I actually have a 5205 coming my way that your review was a big influence on! I have been wanting to add a VC to my collection and I was originally thinking an Overseas, but the Tourbillon you have is really something special. I didn't see it in your review, but which factory is it from? Thanks again and I hope you continue to do these, they are so well put together!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
First off, thank you for writing your reviews. It is very refreshing to see them for less common watches. I actually have a 5205 coming my way that your review was a big influence on! I have been wanting to add a VC to my collection and I was originally thinking an Overseas, but the Tourbillon you have is really something special. I didn't see it in your review, but which factory is it from? Thanks again and I hope you continue to do these, they are so well put together!

Thanks mate. Nice of you to say so. Sorry, but I am actually not sure which factory it is from. I don't remember, maybe i heard it somewhere.

The 5205 is a really nice watch, one of my favourites. You can also read my latest on a Patek 5089G, if you like Patek:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rt-of-eternity

Last edited:
Reactions: kirkanos

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
Thanks mate. Nice of you to say so. Sorry, but I am actually not sure which factory it is from. I don't remember, maybe i heard it somewhere.

The 5205 is a really nice watch, one of my favourites. You can also read my latest on a Patek 5089G, if you like Patek:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rt-of-eternity

Hello mate,

Thank you for your review. I'm a big fan of VC and looking to buy a rep. May I ask where did you buy this beautiful one from?

d.n.d.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/19
Great review, seems like pictures do not do it justice. Highlighting the flaws helps put it into perspective as well.