• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon - Defying gravity in mysterious ways

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Another great and interesting review, enjoyed reading it. Next time, I will think before reading your reviews because they are so tempting and a burden on my wallet lol. Jokes aside, thank you for reviewing, I was looking for a good tourbillon and I think this is it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Another great and interesting review, enjoyed reading it. Next time, I will think before reading your reviews because they are so tempting and a burden on my wallet lol. Jokes aside, thank you for reviewing, I was looking for a good tourbillon and I think this is it.

Good to hear buddy. Thanks for the compliment.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
jm_brc_7057 - Going to order one of these from Li - is that a custom CF strap? What color and thickness did you choose?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 - Going to order one of these from Li - is that a custom CF strap? What color and thickness did you choose?

Yes it’s a custom CF strap. You can choose ‘shiny hazelnut brown’ in their customiser. It’s the same colour just a little darker which will suit the watch better. The color code CF told me was 024.021.

The measurements were 22mm at the lugs, 18mm at the buckle and 3,5mm thickness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig990

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Well now, literally one day after I pay and give the confirmation to Li to order the watch, a new version has appeared on TT: https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=21917

Looks like they got rid of the Pt950 print on the RG dial and slimmed the bezel a bit. Anyone else agree? I've asked Li if he can cancel the order of the previous version and look into this instead.

He should be able to do that. Often they’ll source the latest version for you. At least my TD does that.

Yeah you are right. Can’t see any other flaw being corrected though.

radguy88

Horology Curious
18/9/20
Great watch and review! Which do you prefer in comparison to the A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon V2?

Genera74

29/12/14
Nice review! enjoyed reading it. Saw that you have quite a few gold watches - hows the gold holding up over time (with consistent wearing)? I haven't bought a gold one before cuz just afraid it wont last or a scratch would ruin it :(

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Nice review! enjoyed reading it. Saw that you have quite a few gold watches - hows the gold holding up over time (with consistent wearing)? I haven't bought a gold one before cuz just afraid it wont last or a scratch would ruin it :(

Hey buddy. At the moment I only have gen gold watches, no reps. But the reps I had held up pretty well. No sign of any discolouring or anything. I’ve also had some superficial scratches, no visible metal or anything. So it’s really just a myth. The gold plating is pretty good.
Many members have had their gold watches for several years without problems. Fx Godfathar had his BP 5227 Calatrava for more than 4 years.

Reactions: SuperBatman

Genera74

29/12/14
Hey buddy. At the moment I only have gen gold watches, no reps. But the reps I had held up pretty well. No sign of any discolouring or anything. I’ve also had some superficial scratches, no visible metal or anything. So it’s really just a myth. The gold plating is pretty good.
Many members have had their gold watches for several years without problems. Fx Godfathar had his BP 5227 Calatrava for more than 4 years.

Thanks this is useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
This is spectacular. Very close to ordering the stainless gray dial.

spartn

Horology Curious
16/12/20
Absolutely beautiful, VCs are some of the first watches that caught my attention, this is no exception

Reactions: jm_brc_7057