• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon - Defying gravity in mysterious ways

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
trustytime Thanks buddy. I bought it from trusty, but any TD can get it for you.

Thank you. Bought 2 Patek Philippe recently from trustytime . Still looking for a good VC. I feel we have the same taste of watch base on your collection. I read them all with all of the exciting. The VC I like from trusty has a misspelling on the screen and I think tey should fix it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thank you. Bought 2 Patek Philippe recently from trustytime . Still looking for a good VC. I feel we have the same taste of watch base on your collection. I read them all with all of the exciting. The VC I like from trusty has a misspelling on the screen and I think tey should fix it.

I know. That’s the headache. There is no perfect VC rep. Will have to buy a gen haha. Maybe some vintage or so.
but this tourby is great so for now I’m keeping it. Even if it has the flaws.

joannestiers

4/5/20

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
How do you think about this one? As I see, it's quite similar to a gen
https://www.intime05.co/vach-constan...-a2460qcl.html

I really like to buy a good VC, can you please give me some suggestion?

you might wanna see/read about the gen here:
https://monochrome-watches.com/vache...ands-on-price/

So the rep is much thicker. The date windows are placed more lateral in gen and the movement/rotor is different. If you can accept these flaws are up to you really.

IMO it doesn’t matter so much (to me) if a Tourbillon is thick. But I want calendar watches to be thin.

Last edited:

joannestiers

4/5/20
you might wanna see/read about the gen here:
https://monochrome-watches.com/vache...ands-on-price/

So the rep is much thicker. The date windows are placed more lateral in gen and the movement/rotor is different. If you can accept these flaws are up to you really.

IMO it doesn’t matter so much (to me) if a Tourbillon is thick. But I want calendar watches to be thin.

Thank you mate, I've check trusty, puretime, intime and still no VC makes me interested in. I think trusty sold out the Tourbillon you reviewed.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thank you mate, I've check trusty, puretime, intime and still no VC makes me interested in. I think trusty sold out the Tourbillon you reviewed.

Really? Maybe try another TD. The VC 14-day Tourbillon that was there before this also went out of production. But this one should be around as it’s a relatively new release. Unless the factory went out of business or something.

joannestiers

4/5/20
Really? Maybe try another TD. The VC 14-day Tourbillon that was there before this also went out of production. But this one should be around as it’s a relatively new release. Unless the factory went out of business or something.

May be this one is yours?
https://puretimewatch.io/traditionn...ition-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html#

However I can't see the premium version or 14-days. If you can give some suggestion, I really appreciate that! I'm a super big fan of VC.

Also may I ask does your Patek Celestial has the misspelling of " PNILLIPE" in the back instead of "PHILIPPE"?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
May be this one is yours?
https://puretimewatch.io/traditionn...ition-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html#

However I can't see the premium version or 14-days. If you can give some suggestion, I really appreciate that! I'm a super big fan of VC.

Also may I ask does your Patek Celestial has the misspelling of " PNILLIPE" in the back instead of "PHILIPPE"?

No that’s the YG version. But Vacheron never made a YG of this Tourbillon.

this is the one

https://puretimewatch.io/traditionn...dition-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html

the 14-day version is impossible to get. Factory went out of business. With some years in between they come up for sale on M2M. I’ve been waiting for the RG but it has last been for sale in 2017!

Regarding the Patek 6102 you’ll have to read my review on that reference. As I also mention the different versions. Please click the link below in my footer.
The version sold by Fat Panda doesn’t have the spelling mistake but has other flaws. All of this is discussed in the thread. You’ll have to read the whole thread!

Reactions: joannestiers

joannestiers

4/5/20
No that’s the YG version. But Vacheron never made a YG of this Tourbillon.

this is the one

https://puretimewatch.io/traditionn...dition-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html

the 14-day version is impossible to get. Factory went out of business. With some years in between they come up for sale on M2M. I’ve been waiting for the RG but it has last been for sale in 2017!

Regarding the Patek 6102 you’ll have to read my review on that reference. As I also mention the different versions. Please click the link below in my footer.
The version sold by Fat Panda doesn’t have the spelling mistake but has other flaws. All of this is discussed in the thread. You’ll have to read the whole thread!

Thank you mate, I read them all, twice, and really enjoy how you compare and discuss about rep and gen. I guess you're also a fan of World time watch?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thank you mate, I read them all, twice, and really enjoy how you compare and discuss about rep and gen. I guess you're also a fan of World time watch?

Thanks buddy. In the thread on the 6102 some other members are also discussing different versions of it. There are a lot of versions of it out there. Fat Panda has some without the spelling mistake. I bought mine from him.

Yes, I love world timers but no rep out there that is a good rep. So I bought a Mont Blanc Orbis Terrarum UNICEF gen. I love the function and dial of that one. The Patek reps are not that good. Many flaws.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
So i went to the AD and took some photos. Here are direct comparison between the gen and my rep.

First on my wrist i didn't feel that the gen was much smaller than the rep:

Sk-rmbillede-2020-05-23-kl-00-13-26.png

To show the depth in the color of the dial:

Sk-rmbillede-2020-05-23-kl-00-15-09.png

For comparison of over all look, bezel, lugs are not the same in thickness and bezel slopes more, but not far off:

Sk-rmbillede-2020-05-23-kl-00-15-58.png

Sk-rmbillede-2020-05-23-kl-00-17-19.png

Bezel and lugs are slightly thinner, and the diameter is slightly bigger, same goes with diameter, but over all the watch is not far off. The diameter and thickness both being bigger gives the watch almost the same feel on the wrist. The gen isn't the thinnest or smallest either. But that's what i felt wearing it. Before going there i felt that the rep is a whole other watch. But after having held the gen and worn it, i'm not so sure anymore.

I'll let you judge.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperBatman

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Sorry mate, i didn't take it as offensive, i was just checking RWI briefly between work, hence the short answer :)

It could be me overthinking but, ..., I think you reminded me again of not rocking our reps in front of the AD's and in general we sometimes taking our rep for granted and not realizing we get to wear and enjoy them is actually a privilege.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It could be me overthinking but, ..., I think you reminded me again of not rocking our reps in front of the AD's and in general we sometimes taking our rep for granted and not realizing we get to wear and enjoy them is actually a privilege.

There’s a rule in the forum not to. Also there is no rep that is so solid that you can bring it into an AD without them knowing it if they are senior workers there. You develop an eye for watches. And they see a lot of them. It’s also possible to visually distinguish steel from platinum and white gold. Like you can mostly easily see when something is gold plated versus solid gold.
Other than that there are many small details as for example many reps has a too deep rehaut. If you’ve seen a lot of gens you instantly notice that.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
A few sentimental pieces (a Raymond Weil/TAG Heuer) and a AP Quantieme Perpetual calendar, a Mont Blanc World Timer, a Girard Perregaux alarm watch (vintage) and a salmon dial dress watch by a new brand, but that one i just ordered. That one i'm very excited about. It's gonna be interesting to see it irl :)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...an-inspirational-thread?p=8927299#post8927299

Your taste in watches is excellent, rep and gen alike. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057