• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New August 2019 Vacheron Tourbillon

BustaPart

1/11/17
The tourb that arrived has a mark on the dial.. only visible from certain angles and in sunlight. Mark doesnt come off. Sooo.. my watch guy has taken the dial out and it's heading back to the TD to organise a replacement dial. No point sending back entire watch.

A little frustrating, but Jtime has been super helpful thus far. :)

Will update.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just noticed but doesn't the gen have one blue screw on the maltese cross on the tourbillon? Seems like an easy fix?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It seems on their website VC only makes the rg case and platinum case with grey dial. The other versions on Puretime are fantasy watches correct?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The one I saw was from another TD. Maybe puretime only have it without. I am not sure.

yes the other versions are fantasy.

The rep Is a great watch but not very close to gen. Case is larger and thicker. Case has a different shape. Lugs are thicker.
This makes it look a lot different than the gen.

And less important: The movement is manual not automatic. Gen has peripheral rotor which you off course cant have in a rep at the moment.

nonetheless it is a good looking rep. Hope to see irl pictures to assess it.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I love tourbillons. I am waiting for an AP RO tourbillon at the moment as well. It's the JF one not the R8. Despite the flaws of the power reserve indicator on the back of the JF I could not live with the thickness of the R8.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I where at a watch expo and got to see these two bueaties up-close. Got to wear them also and look at the movement with a loupe. I was so busy seeing them that i forgot to take some close-up pictures. But i got these when they were in the montre.

20191117-144220.jpg

20191117-144225.jpg

20191117-144224.jpg

I was surprised how close the rep of the Vacheron Constantion Patrimony Traditionelle 14-day Power Reserve Tourbillon is. Also it's movement decoration. And the case, look and feel of it is very close to the gen.

You can't see it on the attached pictures, but up close i could see that the gens both have "granulated" dial. It shines a bit in lighting. It's not a plain ivory-white dial, it is finely granulated.

But as you can see the new Vacheron Constantin Tourbillon rep isn't anywhere near the gen. As you can see on the pictures and as i have stated in earlier posts. The lugs on the rep are wider, the case is bigger and thicker than the gen. It has a whole different look than the gen.
Basically they have used the movement and case of the 14-day tourbillon rep and changed the dial.

Last edited:

BustaPart

1/11/17
Sorry about delay. Watch has been sent back to jtimewatch (who has sent it back to factory). There is a mark on the right side of dial that you can see in sunlight, cant really see it from front on.

First impressions. Great piece. Lovely tourbillon movement. Blue screw. Strap not too bad, but will replace once I get it back.

Hopefully back to me soon..

https://i.postimg.cc/8zSKTdpj/vc.jpg

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Sorry about delay. Watch has been sent back to jtimewatch (who has sent it back to factory). There is a mark on the right side of dial that you can see in sunlight, cant really see it from front on.

First impressions. Great piece. Lovely tourbillon movement. Blue screw. Strap not too bad, but will replace once I get it back.

Hopefully back to me soon..

https://i.postimg.cc/8zSKTdpj/vc.jpg

Thanks buddy. Looks good. Also the crystal looks AR coated, which is good. I am thinking of ordering one in RG. Did you get to measure it? Case/thickness/lug/buckle width maybe?