• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

King Of VC Reps

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
According to the Super Rep list, this is the most accurate VC watch rep to date.

Vacheron Constantin Overseas White JJF MY9015 Mod (need feedback on movement noise and cross engraving thickness on the back)

I haven't dug through the pages here super intensively yet, but does this rep still hold the first place spot or has something else overtaken it?

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
[FONT=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Re; Movement noise. My personal comment is I stay away from any watch with the miyota movements as they are generally noisy. On the other hand, others may not feel the same and wearing / working in an environment that affords the sound to be masked. I'm a fan of the VC Overseas and a few others but I don't want to have sound equivalent of marbles swirling around in a can. Exaggerated of course.[/FONT]

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
I got 3 Miyota watches one being the Overseas... the Overseas is noisy as hell to the point that people in the office ask what the noise is about... the other 2 watches I got (other brands) are really quiet...

Reactions: csthe

JM4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/19
EU
I like the three dials, but seems the pattern on the white and black is not accurate. I’d say the king of VC reps is the grey one.
I received and flipped it, gorgeous piece but not for me.

JM4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/19
EU
....and YES, the miyota needs servicing. Moebius 8300 has high adherence, so in unlikely to spread under 50°C - if right amount!

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Speaking about noisy rotors! Isn't it possible to get them decently oiled up "silenced" so the noise would be bearable or in some cases almost gone?

I know many have done it with there JF AP 15400 and therefore think the same can be done with these VC models.

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
Speaking about noisy rotors! Isn't it possible to get them decently oiled up "silenced" so the noise would be bearable or in some cases almost gone?

I know many have done it with there JF AP 15400 and therefore think the same can be done with these VC models.

Took me ten mins and some proper Mebius oil - it is as silent now as my gen AP or Blancpain or Rolex. Can't hear a thing. If you are up for it, make sure you have a good set of tools - screwdrivers and tweezers in particular as the screws on JF are butterfly soft and the case construction is same as thegen, meaning there is an anti-magnetic covers etc. and the case back, cover and rotor all use difference screws and they are all very small...

Last edited: